*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478569-Made-in-Heaven
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Religious · #1478569
Reflections on life and identity given in a somewhat poetic way.
Made in Heaven
by: Jan Erik



I think it sometimes hits us, sometimes we realize it. We are all alike in some way, in one-way or another. We all carry a reflection of something or someone. I look at you and you look at me, in a way, we see each other. Something inside is the same in you and I, maybe on the outside too. Even if I look at you with hate, I deep inside know that what you did to me, I could have done to you as well. I am no better…


Men are weak, they fall, and they fail. Killing each other, hurting each other, believing in their own way. Mammon is in front of people constantly, as fresh meat tempting a starved lion. We run after it, killing anything in our way. Seeing only our own desires, we survive by the blood of others. One is rich and another poor, the rich is rich ‘cause the work of the poor, the poor is poor ‘cause the greed of the rich. Our wealth makes us feel different, but for real, when the lights are off, and our wealth only felt by the bed we sleep in and a full stomach, we are all the same. The same struggling man, lying there empty, staring out the window.


If a person doesn’t live up to what we think is right, then the person is not good enough. We pass the judgment, stamping them a failure. They are not as good as us, we say, as if we were the standard of good. Broken people left to their own misery, “just look above them”. They failed once, so they will always. Hiding our own inferiority we pretend we are better then them, those who don’t fit us or make us feel uncomfortable.


People are what they are, but why they are so, we don’t always know. Somewhere they chose, but why they did, we don’t know. Easily judging and foretelling people’s destiny, bad nicknames and lies of media, screaming boxes make us and shape us the way they want us to be. Like robots we obey them and leave our own opinions, trying to fit. Lured in the trap we follow, we want to be like “them”, it looks to us as if they made it.


If we all are from One, and One is for all of us, then why would we judge each other? One is dying, another is winning, everything in its time. You win today and tomorrow you lose. I judge you for what I have already done, and you judge me for what you will later do. Some days we look perfect, but we know it is not so, we know that behind the mask of glitter a rotten failure lives, it just manages to hide sometimes, behind a reflection of light….



After all, we were all made in heaven.

© Copyright 2008 janerik (janerik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478569-Made-in-Heaven