*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479617-Thoughts
by char*
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1479617
These are a few thoughts and ideas I have had and just thought I would jot them down
I had a thought today, a thought about the way I think. You know that old saying ‘ seeing is believing’? Well, I always thought that this way of thinking was very close minded, unimaginative if you will. But it just dawned on me; those of us that believe otherwise are the close minded, naïve ones. For you see knowledge of something is quite meaningless unless you have experienced it first hand. All of us go through many different stages, traumas, phases, or experiences in life that change us, that make us who really are. But it is not simply what we do or how we do it that make us, its those unexpected experiences that one must truly experience or ‘see’ to actually understand or ‘believe’.



Why do we try.. why do we chase after the same thing our whole lives when we look around us there are so many signs telling us to run from it? Why even though movies, media, facts, statistics and even every day conversation tell us that there is no point and not to bother, we still let it run our lives? Why do we always think its different this time even though every time before something or other has gotten in the way of us getting it? Yes, the topic on my mind is love. What exactly is love? When you sit down and think about it, it really is a hard matter to define. Is it that butterfly feeling you always get when you are around that person? No, it must be more, because that mere feeling only lasts some time and everyone who claims to have experienced love says it is much more than that. Then what is it? Is it a physical thing? That can’t be true because if that were the case you could ‘love’ just about anyone, and as far as most people are concerned that is impossible. It must be emotional then.. but that can’t be it because emotions change on a daily bases, and most romantics believe this so called love lasts forever. So this must make love indefinable. It’s kind of amusing yet peculiar that almost the entire world is chasing after something we can’t even define. But if all we do is chase it and rarely does anyone ever truly find it, that makes it more of a wish then a matter. Maybe not a wish because most wishes are made on something of matter, not just a thought, so maybe love is hope. Hope is an idea, not something of matter. Yes, love is hope. Hope for all of us to find something that makes us truly happy. Something that gives us meaning mentally, physically and emotionly. Hope that we’ll someday find this thing called ‘true love’.






There’s something I don’t quite understand about the human race, and it comes from the old saying “There is a reason you have two ears and one mouth,” Now I know that this is just something teachers say to make there students stop gabbing so much and listen to what they’re being taught but I think it’s something many forget to practice in everyday life. I have friends who will sit there for hours just speaking about themselves, telling me about what is going on in their life and never even bother to ask me what is going on in mine. This doesn’t usually bother me too terribly as I enjoy listening to what others have to say rather than speaking about myself but it does make me wonder, aren’t they curious about what is going on in friends lives other than their own? When listening to someone you are hearing about experiences you haven’t been through therefore you can be taught something. When you are speaking yourself there is no hope in hell for you to even learn something new because you have already lived through it. Yet everyone seems to just want to talk about themselves, what there doing, who they are.. when really one should already know all of that about themselves without having to state it and it should be good enough for them. Why do we talk about ourselves? Is it that we need reassurance that a certain event happened? Are we trying to make others see us a certain way? Do we get a satisfaction just seeing they way a statement or event makes another person react? The way I see it is the more you listen the more you know; And the more you know, the more you have to talk about.
© Copyright 2008 char* (char98421 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479617-Thoughts