*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479777-The-Legend-Of-Meeka-and-Dinah
Rated: E · Short Story · Mythology · #1479777
This is an interesting story I made, my first. I hope you enjoy it!
Some claim they had seen Meeka and Dinah dancing up on Mount Lluwana. Or they have seen their faces in the River of Diamonds. After hearing this, people in my village, Sarikat, title the person as ‘crazy’. I myself have never seen Meeka and Dinah dancing in Mount Lluwana, but I know the tale. Everybody does. And it is true, because the villagers found a diary, in which the scene was clearly described. Now, the diary is kept in a museum, where anyone can go to see the fabulous tale of the two courageous sisters, Meeka and Dinah.

It was a frosty night, just a few days before Christmas. Their mother was preparing some broth, while Meeka and Dinah were reading a book on horses. Both were 12 years old, and were inseparable. They never went anywhere without each other, and if one was alone, the villagers would be shocked. Tonight, Meeka and Dinah were not allowed to go outside, because news was out that the Monrible, was on the loose, and it could attack anyone.

For those of you whom have never heard of the Monrible, it is a terrifying monster that is impossible to kill. It took warriors 20 years to get the Monrible in a jail, where he could hurt no one, but somehow he escaped. All the windows were latched, and Dinah’s father had pushed all their furniture against the door. Meeka and Dinah rushed to their room, and played with their yarn dolls, and then danced. Both of them excelled in dancing, and performed anywhere, anytime. Deeply concentrated in their dancing, they probably didn’t notice a dark shadow cross their room. Three gleaming eyes watched the twins gaily chattering.

The twins heard a roar, and the sound of crashing in the living room. “Mama! Papa!” They both called. What they saw was not pleasant, because it was the Monrible. Meeka pushed her parents out of the house and told them to run to safety, while Dinah tried to distract the monster. Meeka grabbed Dinah’s hand, and both started to run toward the River of Diamonds. It was believed that if you looked carefully in the River of Diamonds, you might see the heroes, who risked their lives to save someone else. It was also believed to bring good luck and help. Meeka and Dinah stood in the middle of the river praying for help. But no such luck. The Monrible jumped into the river and seized hold of Dinah. Meeka was frantic; she wanted her sister to live! There was only one choice. Meeka had to go with her. She started sobbing, as the Monrible dug his claws into Dinah. With stony blue eyes, Meeka walked up to the Monrible. She closed her eyes and felt something pierce her skin. And then her time stopped.

Some have spent their whole lives looking in the River of Diamonds for them. But you have to be a real hero to see them. It is said that they are living their lives in heaven. Maybe it is true. Now you know the story of Meeka and Dinah, Sarikat’s greatest heroes.
© Copyright 2008 Miss. Ada (writersmadam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479777-The-Legend-Of-Meeka-and-Dinah