*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480851-Judge-Halloween-Judy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1480851
Mr. Frank Stein and Mr. Were Wolf settle a dispute in court for Flash Fiction
“In today’s case, Mr. Frank Stein accuses the Wolf family of disrupting the neighborhood with late night shenanigans.”

“Let me hear from the plaintiff, Mr. Stein,” says Judge Judy.

“Thank you your honor, and may I say you look simply smashing in that robe. Anyway, every since Were, I mean Mr. Wolf moved in a few months ago, I haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep. I understand he works shifts, sleeping during the day and working at night, but the constant barking and howling is just out of control.”

“Mr. Wolf, your response?”

“This has been blown way out of proportion. First of all, I only howl when there is a full moon. Secondly, Frank is simply pissed off because I ate one of those little creatures that seem to pop up in his yard whenever there is a lightning storm. And finally, Frank is just a butt-head. I rest my case.”

“I’m a butt-head? No, you’re a butt-head.”

“No, you’re a butt-head.”

“Order! Order! Another outbreak like that and I will fine you both for contempt.”

“I’m just saying,” murmurs Mr. Wolf.

“Mr. Stein, tell me about these “creatures” Mr. Wolf mentioned.”

“I don’t know what he is talking about. I think he is just jealous of my going green. I am a bit of an inventor you see. Right now, I have the cleverest way of harnessing electricity from lightning. It’s really only in the early stages of development generating just enough energy to power my high-def TV. As for what Mr. Wolf ate, I am a bit confused as to what he is referring, although I am missing a garden gnome.”

“The judge will now state her decision.”

“I find Mr. Wolf guilty of late night shenanigans and sentence him to one year with a bark collar.”

Word count 300




© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480851-Judge-Halloween-Judy