*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481292-Oct-5-Antagonist-Characterisation
Rated: · Other · Other · #1481292
A characterisation of the main antagonist: Menut, the overseer
Antagonist Characterisation

Name : Menut: Chief administrator at the huge temple complex of Amun Re in Thebes

Description: Olive skin, tall, thick set, overhanging belly, bald under his wig, walks with his feet at 90 degrees to each other, 32 years old, has a young wife (Andare) who never looks happy, no children, wears a pleated kilt in summer, with a thick cotton shawl pinned over his shoulders in winter.

Job: He oversees the temple’s activities, paying the wages, organising the food and the resources for the priests to honour the gods, also  manages the shop outside the temple where food is sold  to worshippers (as offerings, or for them to eat)

Likes
Food: Roast ox, quails, telapia (fish), honey cakes, beer, Syrian wine
People: Friendly with Zennenosis (head priest’s nephew) and Senenmut (Queen/King Hapshetsut’s Vizier)

Dislikes
Food: Strong spirits, fruit, his young wife, walking, 
People: Lillum, Phaerseesis- (God’s wife, head priest’s wife), Honab – (Head Priest appointed by Pharaoh Hapshetsut)
Time of year: Summer, hates the cold

Vulnerabilities: Flattery, bribery, jealous about his wife’s attention, if it is caught elsewhere, can’t run very well, can’t read.
Strengths: Seems to be everywhere, keeping an eye on things, even at night
Has a thin stick which he uses for disciplining lazy servants and prisoners.

© Copyright 2008 Alan Philps (anglophile at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481292-Oct-5-Antagonist-Characterisation