*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482896-the-man-who-taught-us-how-to-speak
by glory
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1482896
discover where, who and how we got to speak. it is about a man who...


The man who taught us how to speak



Once upon a time there was a man called mhmm. He was a very poor man. In his time people couldn’t talk they talked by humming.

One day mhmm wondered if they could talk. He started by saying “m” then he opened his mouth and produced an “e” he joined both of them together and the “me” sound was produced. He went around the whole village from door to door telling everybody about his new sound. They all made fun of him and told him that how in the world could anything come out of that sound because it was weird and funny and that he was wasting his time if he tried other sounds.

Mhmm was discouraged; for once he really thought that he had found something important. He walked home thinking of all the things the villagers had said and all the laughing. By the way mhmm didn’t have a normal name because as you know in that village they talked by humming. Mhmm was determined never to make any new sounds again. When he got home he realized that everyone in his family was practicing the new sound that he had just made and were trying to make other new sounds. Mhmm was very pleased to see this and decided that he would dedicate all his time to making new sounds.

Time passed and Mhmm made newer and newer sounds each day. It soon became really easy for him and made a language; everybody in his family also learned the language but also wanted to make theirs as well. They used the language mhmm had made all the time when they were together.

Each person in that family also made new languages but the one they spoke officially was the one that mhmm made. Finally the family decide to make what we call names for themselves they call it something else that I can’t quite remember. Mhmm was called Felix. His wife however was called Christine. Their two children were called troy and Helen. That is where we got our names from folks. The villagers got jealous of Felix and decided to ask him to teach them their language. They went to his little hut and were very surprised at the strange yet nice languages that were being spoken they wanted to learn this language so much. Felix decided to teach them and the wife taught some of the villagers as well. The children also taught some of the villagers.

It continued from generation to generation but people soon forgot about the man who taught us how to speak.

The end

© Copyright 2008 glory (musicrks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482896-the-man-who-taught-us-how-to-speak