*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485826-Lost-in-Love
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1485826
Riley was a normal girl with a not so normal past that she doesn't remember but soon will.
The fallen leaves littered the ground that Riley walked on. She was alone on this night but she wished she wasn’t. Usually Riley liked to be alone but now she wished Toby could be here with her. She had known Toby since she was 7; he was the best friend she could have. She took out her cell phone and punched in his number.  It rang twice then he answered.

         “Hello?” a voice asked.

             “Toby, hey its Riley I really need to talk to you.” Riley whispered.

         “What’s wrong?” He asked, there was a definite fear in his voice.

                   “I’m just a little scared and need someone to talk to and I know that I can always count on you.” She responded.

         “Oh. Where are you and what has you so scared?” Toby asked his voice returning to normal.

         “I’m walking down by the old mill where we hang out on the way to my house and I think a rabbit broke a twig and it got me freaking out.” Riley’s accent was becoming apparent. Which only happened when she was scared or sad, the last time her accent came out was at her mother’s funeral. There was a distant call from the other line and a muffled Toby responded. The yelling only escalated.

         “Hey Riley I’m sorry, but I have to go. My mom’s making me do the dishes, but I’ll call you later okay?” Toby questioned.

                   “Yeah, its fine Toby.” She replied.

         The line went dead and Riley put her cell phone back in her pocket. It had been about a minute later and her phone went off. She answered her phone without looking at the number.

         “Damn Toby you do dished fast.” She said.

                   “I can see you.” A distorted voice whispered.

         “Toby I swear if you’re trying to freak me out I will kill you.”

                   “We can see you, but you can’t see us.” The line went dead.

         “What the hell?” Riley said aloud.

         She got down to the ally where she had to turn down to get to her street. It was a long dark alley and after that phone call she didn’t want to. But against her better judgment she did. Two minutes into the dark ally she wanted to turn around, but a pair of hands grabbed her around the waist and another set with a cloth went over her mouth. Then every thing went black.

© Copyright 2008 KT Stafford (insanesaint at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485826-Lost-in-Love