*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485857-Lost-in-love-x--Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1485857
The second chapter of Lost in Love This story is done in chapters.
         “We got her,” a man spoke softly into a cell phone.  “yes, sir were on the way to the manner.”

                   “You sure this is the right girl James? You’ve been wrong before.”

         “Yes Michael, I am positive.” James responded.

They walked over to the car they parked on the other side of the ally way. James had the girl in his arms and placed her gently in the back seat of the Avalanche. Riley looked so peaceful, so innocent, but James knew that beneath the surface she was greater than the life she was put in. She was a girl who had a power far greater than anyone in the manner. Riley had the power that was uncommon in most of their kind.

         “James can we stop at the Blood Bath?” Michael asked.

                   “No. We have to get her to the manner or the boss will have our heads, and not the one that is on your shoulders.” James replied.

                   “Okay, no Blood Bath.” Michael breathed.

Michael was a younger vampire, he was only 21 when he was turned, and had been living at the house with the rest for only four years.  James had been there since he was 17. While in human years Michael was older than him James had more experience with the boss. He didn’t like to wait.

         “How much longer James?” Michael whined.

         “About ten minutes if you shut your mouth, and be quiet, I think she’s waking up.” James whispered.



         Riley woke up in the back of the car to James and Michael.

         “Who are you and where are you taking me?” she demanded in a stern voice. Her eyes flashed and changed color from her original green to a deep purple.

         “We’re taking you to the place where you belong. And yeah I was the voice on the phone. Don’t worry Riley, you’ll be home soon.” James told her.

                   “And don’t talk to me in that ungrateful tone of voice.” Michael spat at her.

                   “Michael Shut you face, you have no room to talk.” James said in Latin.

         “James I wish you weren’t so uptight.” Michael responded in French.

         “Michael you will confuse her, stick to Latin.” James muttered.

                   “What’s going on here?” Riley demanded.

                   “Look sweetie, you were put into the wrong care, and we, James and I, were sent to come get you.” Michael told her in that cocky tone of his.

         Riley gasped in horror and shock as she saw Michael’s fangs when he grinned. But her thoughts changed when she remember that Halloween was only a week away.

         “Did Toby set you up to this?” Riley beamed. “He did didn’t he? That little turd.”

         “Who is this Toby you speak of?” Michael asked.

         “So he didn’t?” She asked

                   “Nope.”

                   “We’re here,” James said breaking the concentration.

         “Riley, I need you to come with me.” James told her in a friendly tone.

James took Riley into the throne room. James went forth and bowed low.

         “Your highness, I present to you, Mrs. Riley O’Connor.”

Riley came forward and bowed.

         “James, leave us please.” The man said a certain glee and happiness in his voice.

         “Riley I bet you don’t have any idea what or who you are, do you?”  The man asked. Riley nodded no.

         “You my dear, are a special type of person. You mother was given an extremely generous gift from the Goddess Artimis. 17 years ago the goddess had a child that she didn’t want. So she gave the child to a girl who desperately wanted one. The goddess gave her baby to Marilyn. She sadly lost to much blood and died when she gave birth to you. But I promised I wouldn’t raise you here until I thought you were ready. Now that you are almost 18 I think that you are more than ready. So will you honor your Mother and celebrate you 18th here and join our clan?” The man asked.

The information flooded Riley’s brain; so many things had been made clear. Slowly she nodded her head yes.

         “Who are you?” she questioned.

                   “ I am Marcus,” he hesitated. “Marilyn was my wife and that makes you my daughter.”



© Copyright 2008 KT Stafford (insanesaint at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485857-Lost-in-love-x--Chapter-2