*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485861-Second-Chance-at-Love
by MTerry
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1485861
A woman was given a second chance at love, when her first love was destroyed.
It was the age of puppy love. It was a cool winter's day. The first Saturday of December.  Our mission was having a youth rally and several groups participated in our first youth rally. The mission was located across the US boarder, in Mexico. Two groups from another mission came and one group from a church from the US.  We were in charge of the program and I wrote a play.  Every church group had to perform a skit.  When it came time for the church from the US to perform they were missing a boom box. One of the youth group members was asking the others for a boom box. It seem that they forgot it. He tried to ask others, but there was a language barrier.  Little did he know that I understood everything.  I knew he was getting upset, so I offered to help.  I told him that I had one at my cousin's house and I would go get it.



As he turned to face me, I saw his face, I got lost in his eyes. His eyes were mesmerizing, I could see the sun rise in his eyes.  His voice was gentle and sweet. It was like a voice from an angel.  My legs got weeker and weeker with each word that came out of his soft, tender, glossy lips.  With every smile and every word that he spoke I could those beautiful ivory teeth.

 

As we walked together down the dirty road he told me that he was suprise to find someone that could speak English. By the end of the day he asked for my address. I told him that I would give it to him under one condition.  He must write me a letter that night and mail it out on Monday. He agreed.  Days go by and by the middle of the week ... I got a brown envelope in the mail.  At first I did not know who it was from, but when I open and read the homemade Christmas Card, my heart skipped a beat.

It was the most beautiful card and poem I had ever read.  The words that he used to discribe the way me met, were words of an angel.  I knew then that he and I were to become something special. I ran to my room and starting writing back. I gave him my phone number when we first met and he called on a Saturday. I told him that I love his letter. I invited him to our church for Christmas Eve service.  It was a night to remember.

© Copyright 2008 MTerry (maryterry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485861-Second-Chance-at-Love