*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485891-Lost-in-Love-x--Chapter-three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1485891
The thrid installment in my story Lost in Love. This short story is done in chapters.
Riley passed out; the information was like a tidal wave that killed her.

         “James!” Marcus roared.

Immediately James ran in the room,

         “My lord what happened?”

                   “She passed out; I think everything just hit her hard. James please take her to her room and give her everything she wants.” Marcus said.

         Riley woke up in a dimly lit room. There was a fire going and the room was toasty warm. Riley got up to look at one painting. It was the portrait of a man who looked similar to James. He had long straight black hair that cascaded down his back. His eyes were that of sapphires and yet his stare was cold. Perhaps it was his great uncle or something. But there was still doubt in her mind. She realized that she was a nightgown and a note was by her bed.

Riley,

No I didn’t put you in that night dress, the maids did. There are plenty of clothes in the wardrobe and I hope to see you at dinner.

-James

         Riley put on a slimming black dress which showed off all her feminme curves. She walked out of her room only to find that she already knew how to get to the dining room. It was as if she had been here before. Slowly but surly she found the dining room where James, Marcus and Michael sat. But they were not alone. About 30 others were gathered around the table talking and conversing. The dining room was grand and filled with beautiful pieces of art. Riley was sure they must belong to the same collection.

         “Ah there you are Riley, I see that you had not trouble finding the dining room.” James spoke softly. His masculine voice brought her body to life. Every inch wanted to reach out and touch the man standing before her.

James inclined his head as Riley stood before him, his body roared and passion lit a flame in his heart. He wanted nothing more than to scoop her up in his arms and carry her off to his room and show her a world that she had never been to before.

“James?” Riley asked waving her hand in front of him so she could get his attention.

                   “Sorry, drifted off there for a second. Let me show you to your seat.”

         As Riley walked by she felt like she was on parade. Everyone stopped talking and paid attention to her presence. Riley wished they wouldn’t, it was hard enough at lunch when the popular girls implied that her and Toby slept together by falling silent when they walked by. Toby always told her to forget about it and let it slide but she couldn’t. That was also the reason that she was suspended for a week. When Toby wasn’t there one day she walked up to Stacy and decked her square in the face. Blood ran down her face and she had the nerve to try and hit her back. But that was quickly taken care of by Riley smacking her face into her food. The only funny part was the face that she had lemons on her plate. Then Stacy and Riley were sent to the office and Stacy got off easy with a 3 day suspension from cheerleading. Riley got suspended for a week.

         As Riley got to her seat the conversations turned into a press conference and questions were flying about faster than a fly on heroin. Marcus calmed everything down and dinner was served. Riley didn’t say a word for fear that if she did she would be bombarded with questions like before. The waiters cleared off the table and one by one people descended back to their rooms.

         Riley was soon left alone with James.

         “Can I go for a walk?” Riley asked. She really wanted to ask if he wanted to go with her. But as if by some fluke he knew that.

         “Yes. Let me show you the garden.” James offered.

         Riley smiled and took his hand. James looked down and smiled, no one had held his hand since he said good bye to his wife and child when he was supposedly shipped out to the war. But he knew the truth and deep inside him it killed him to know the pain his wife Natalia went through when she thought he died. He wondered how his child grew up and wondered if his wife remarried. But such trivial thoughts shouldn’t plague his mind now that he was with Riley.

         “James, who is that statue of?” Riley asked.

         “Well that is Marcus, and the one next to him is your mother. Marcus wanted to have everything to do with her.  She was a great beauty like your self. In fact you look a lot alike.” James replied.

         They continued their walk around the huge garden. Flowers of every kind where here, even ones that Riley had never seen before. It was sheer beauty.

© Copyright 2008 KT Stafford (insanesaint at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485891-Lost-in-Love-x--Chapter-three