*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486223-Beginnings
Rated: 13+ · Other · Young Adult · #1486223
Story beginnings, not sure which to continue. Rate and review for points!
I really don’t know how to put this. Sometimes, I’m walking outside and I see people, kids playing basketball or couples sitting on swinging chairs, but then suddenly they’re gone. I usually never see them leave, but when I get closer they stare at me through their blinds and curtains. Maybe they just feel something, a bad vibe, but they always leave. I’ve never even been on a date, and only a select few have been daring enough to approach me. Only one person has ever been courageous enough to attempt to ask me out, but he turned around and ran half-way through me “yes, I’d love to.”
*
I didn’t scream. I didn’t know I was supposed to. I think back now and realize that I didn’t want to. The longing I had been feeling for so long found it’s outlet and the feeling of freedom and carelessness took over my body. Then when the sharp sweet liquid began to pour down my throat, I drank to my heart’s content with nothing to hold me back. The feeling of freedom had left my senses then and it was replaced by pain, dread, and darkness. Only then did I try to scream, but it turned into an unrecognizable gurgle as the breath from my now dying body left far too quickly, and with that last breath I also lost my life.
*
Heavy footstep filled the opposite hallway. What am I doing here? The Emperor will surely have me killed. I waved goodbye to Visha and his three sisters. Their smiling faces accompanied by his lonely one disappeared into the dark. Throwing my bag underneath the table, I slid in after it. Seeing the Emperors children every week and getting to play the game of the gods was a blessing, even if I did risk death.
*
Meghan looked out at the boring landscape surrounding her and returned to the blank paper in front of her. The rocky, sloping landscape of the western Nebraska panhandle slowly descended into hilly plains that seemed like they would never end. Here and there the wide open space was dotted with grazing cattle and maybe a house or two, but she saw nothing as exciting as the LA life she had left behind.
*
Warm kisses awoke my lifeless body. Hands moved up to entwine in my hair, then one moving down along my spine. I could feel no heart beat in my chest, but yet I was here. No breath filled my hollow lungs, no light reached my eyes, and yet I could feel the warmth of his body, the moisture of his lips kissing my eyelids and lips, and the one tear drop landing on my cheek.
*
A unified fear runs through my kind. A growing rumor of a new hunter. One as strong as us, as powerful as us, and as smart as us. It’s one weakness is that it’s human.
*
“Somebody help me,” she yelled, glistening tears rolling down her cheeks. “I want to be free of my life. I don’t want to worry about anything. Please help me.” Falling to her knees in the cool grass, her head fell into her hands.
Her screams echoed to the blinking stars, the rustling leaves, and the sleeping birds but none answered back. She had no knowledge of the shadow that fell across her kneeling form until it said…
“That’s a lot to ask.”
*
I was born out of the darkness, my life shattered into many pieces at a young age. Feelings often elude me and emotions cause me no harm.
*
The warm sun fell on the desk in front of her, and through the open window could be heard the whiz of cars going by, but Cheyenne knew none of this. The only thing that mattered to her was the person sitting in front of her. His brown hair stuck out of his head in every direction and the shirt on his back did nothing for the tight muscles she knew hid under there. She had forgotten everything, her economics book lay open to a random page and her pencil was held slack in her hand. The only thing that mattered was him. His soft, golden tan, and vibrant blue eyes caused shivers to run down her spine, and create a tingle down below. 
*
My body is frozen. I can’t feel my heart beating. I don’t know what’s happening. My fingers are moving, but they are cold and stiff. It’s like they’re in limbo. A liquid is being poured down my throat by invisible hands. I can’t see them, the light hurts my eyes to much. The liquid tastes vile, it lacks the sweetness my hunger is yearning for, and I choke as it oozes down my throat.

“Relax, it’s only pigs blood. You’ll get a chance for the real thing.”

I turn from my back to my stomach and lean over the table I’m lying on. I rid myself of the horrid liquid. What little of the blood has gotten to me has revived my lifeless body. I struggle for a breath and find that my chest does not rise and fall, it is motionless. I am able to move more freely and I open my eyes the whole way.
*
The cold snow crunched under her weight and it’s harsh sound echoed through the open forest behind her house. Closing her eyes, Lily smelled the scent of freshly fallen snow. After a quick breath a raven’s caw emerged from her mouth, the sound echoing through the trees and causing the inhabitants of the forest to scatter back to their homes. With a little smile she stepped back and waited. As if in return to her call she heard the flapping of wings and turning her head to look up she watched as a black raven glided down to the path in front of her, it’s silky feathers glistening in the suns warm light.
Kneeling down next to the bird she picked him up. "Hello Nightmare, How are you?" she crooned, giving him a small piece of bread that she had kept in her knapsack. Tying a roll of paper to his leg she set him off into the air. She heard his beautiful call and watched as his strong wings beat over the cool air.
Turning back to look at the trees and the animals, and all of the nature from which she had emerged into the clearing, she saw a life that was meant for her, one filled with nature and the joy of cold snow and sun in the spring. She knew she was meant to run through the dark forest at night and fly over the green foliage in the day.

© Copyright 2008 Jazzie Fae (jazzie_fae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486223-Beginnings