*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487694-Getting-Grammar-Lesson-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1487694
Getting Grammar - Lesson 4
Exercise 4-1
1. There were forty Browns at the reunion.
2. Can you believe there were so many questions on that test?
3. He gave her thirty days to pay off the loan.
4. The upper limit for a short story is 3,000 words.
5. The class consisted of twelve children and six puppies.
6. The party was for the Anthonys and the Sanchezes.
7. The wild fire destroyed homes in fifteen counties and forced many geese to abandon their nests.

Exercise 4-2
(10 points- one for each sentence, one for correct use)

Write a sentence for each five different collective nouns (either type).
1. The audience laughed and clapped at the comedian's joke.
2. The committee adjourned after voting.
3. A flock of birds flew overhead.
4. A herd of cows grazed in the pasture.
5. A pride of lions roamed the open plain.

Writing Exercise 4-1
(1 point for each usage)

Write a passage that contains the plural forms of "elf", "house", "bus", "family", and "Jones".

The Joneses live in houses next to each other. Their families enjoy being so close to each other. It makes it easier for their children to dress as elves for Halloween and go trick-or-treating.
© Copyright 2008 Charity Marie - <3 (cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487694-Getting-Grammar-Lesson-4