*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491222-GGI-Lesson-Five
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1491222
GGI: Lesson Five
GGI: Lesson Five

Exercise 5-1

For this exercise, choose two verbs of your choice and provide the conjugation of each using each of the tenses explained above. Be sure to include I. She, He, It, They, We, and You for each tense. There are (84 points possible for this exercise)


Verbs: Live, Love

Simple Present
I live, She/He/It lives, They/We/You live
I love, She/He It loves, They/We/You live{/red}

Present Continuous
I am living, She/He It is living, They/We/You are living
I am loving, She/He It is loving, They/We/You are loving


Simple Past
I lived, She/He/It lived, They/We/You lived
I loved, She/He/It loved, They/We/You loved


Past Continuous
I was living, She/He/It was living, They/We/You were living
I was loving, She/He/It was loving, They/We/You were loving


Past Perfect
I had lived, She/He/It had lived, They/We/You had lived
I had loved, She/He/It had loved, They/We/You had loved


Simple Future
I will live, She/He/It will live, They/We/You will live
I will love, She/He/It will love, They/We/You will love


Writing Exercise 5-1
(16 points for this exercise)
1.Go to the link for "The English Page" listed above, complete one, or more, of the Verb Tense exercises.


1. Every Monday, Sally (drive) drives her kids to football practice.

2. Usually, I (work) work as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) am studying French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.

3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep) is sleeping.

4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) is raining.

5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) always rains.

6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say) are saying because everybody (talk) is talking so loudly.

7. Justin (write, currently) is currently writing a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.

8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I (go) am going to a movie tonight with some friends.

9. The business cards (be, normally ) are normally printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be) are inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.

10. This delicious chocolate (be) is made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.

2. Tell me which one you chose.
I chose Verb Tense Exercise 1 and scored a 97%. Not quite sure right as it says I got them all right...

3. What was your initial score and whether you used the "Hint" option, or not, to successfully complete the exercise.

My original score was an 84%. I got the second part of #2 wrong as well because I used "will study" instead of "am studying. I got #5 wrong because I put rains always instead of always rains, because of the way it was worded.
© Copyright 2008 Charity Marie - <3 (cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491222-GGI-Lesson-Five