*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488937-Time-Clock
Rated: · Other · Experience · #1488937
Clocking on to a job which you don't feel overly enthusiastic about.
TIME CLOCK


And with another punching of the factory clock card, he felt his days of freedom and inspiration slipping away.

Is this the last year of this, or the end of his days?

Would his overtime be his undoing? – His lack of quality sleep, and exercise can’t be fixed.
Unlike a crooked book cover – which requires some more gluing.

Another decade past – the same industry – will it be his last.
What do you say when they ask, “ Where do you see yourself in 5 years”.
He looks at them and laughs – “ Not here “, (but sadly dead). Dead from too many beers, and acidic tears.

And with another punching of the clock, his day is measured in units, worth of mindless production.
Which have driven him to drink, and help expand his girth, but not yet to the point of Liposuction.

And with another punching of the clock, his heart did miss a beat, and slowly wound down, wound down to a complete stop – the last time he punched, his own time clock.

© Copyright 2008 Jay Poulson (jaypoulson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488937-Time-Clock