*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491780-Piping-Hot
by Randy
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1491780
Just a silly short piece. Let me know what you think, good or too silly.
Man sitting alone at an uncrowded bar. The bartender places a drink with some steam coming off the top in front of the man. “Here you go, one piping hot manhattan.”

“What? I didn’t order a piping hot manhattan!”

“You most certainly did.”

“No I didn’t. I just ordered a manhattan. I never said to make it piping hot.”

“Well there’s the problem. You should have been more specific.”

“What do you mean specific? I’ve never even heard of a “piping hot manhattan”!

“You haven’t? I’m surprised. It’s all the rage.”

“Well I didn’t want piping hot manhattan. Can I have a regular, cold, manhattan please.” Man pushes the drink away from him.

“Well, since I made the piping hot one already, why don’t you try it and see what you think”

The man looks skeptical but picks it up. “What is that white stuff floating in it?”

Bartender looks at the drink. “I think the swizzle stick melted.”

The man pushes the drink away) “Get this out of here!”

“Alright, alright, you don’t have to get mad. Do you want a piping hot manhattan without a swizzle stick?”

“No! I don’t even want a manhattan anymore. Just get me a beer.”

“Okay, one piping hot beer coming right up.”

Man leaves the bar.

© Copyright 2008 Randy (rcarboni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491780-Piping-Hot