*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493194-Have-You-Seen-My-Frog--First-chapter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Nonsense · #1493194
The first chapter, or first random paragraph, of my first novel.
Hail ate rice chex sloppily, letting the milk run down her chin back into the bowl. It was her form of recycling. Her eyes burned from lack of sleep and dried black eyeliner. Most of the eye shadow had brushed off through the night. Her lips were a dark luscious red, from sun damage. They peeled, and the bits of skin mushed around with the rice chex in her mouth.
She sat at a taffy orange dining table. It was lined with cheap silver colored plastic. The chair that her over-sized t-shirt and torn pleather pant clad body was being cradled by was an off yellow bucket chair spat out by the 60s and ran over with pink pant by the 80s. Music blared from the little window radio in the window seal. 'Every body get down tonight!' cheerily rang around the kitchen, momentarily accented by wailing sirens.
"Hail darling!," Hail echoed from the night before between bites, "Please hand me my sunglasses. Don't want the lovelies to see my ACH BLAH OOO." She now imagined punching Ferris Gateway in the mouth as he gabbed about his drug habits, "FUCKING STONER!" She took an angry dive into the bowl with her chunky handled spoon, splashing white spleckles around the blue plastic bowl. Her matching eyes glimmered with slight pain as the spoon sliced at her sore lips, but she just took it out on the imaginary Ferris Gateway that strut on the imaginary green carpet like it was red. Ohh, he was going to get it, she promised this to herself every morning after a show.
She stumbled tiredly through the hallway, almost hitting sleeping bags filled with multiple mostly clothed people. The only one naked was the obvious, Naked Dave. She thought she saw a naked Helga, who wasn't usually naked, she was more known as, well, Helga. But Hail, blurry eyed, and still grumbling about Ferris Gateway, tumbled to her sleep on the couch next to/on top of two others. This was a rude awakening for the couple, Beatrix and Ben, but not a new one. They cuddled under her, Ben bravely shielding Beatrix from Hail's eventual drool and persistent mouth breathing.
© Copyright 2008 MBNovely (lovehatedino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493194-Have-You-Seen-My-Frog--First-chapter