*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495079-A-new-beginning
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1495079
A man finds himself at the gate for a new beginning
         Chaos ignited around me as the gateway opened, showering me in light. Above the storm raged, lightning thundering down upon the earth, fragments of rocks and stones exploding into the air. Below the ground was shaking and rolling, tossing even the biggest of creatures off of their feet. Chaos raged inside me, guilt and fear battled the courage, I desperately needed.

I stepped forward into the light pulsing from the gateway and time stood still. Peace befell me as I floated through this timeless zone, a zone I would never return from. That was when I saw her walking toward me. When she made it to me, she stopped and held out a hand.

As I got up and straightened my self she spoke in the most beautiful voice I have ever heard, “Your task is not complete yet. Come with me.” A light flashed before me, and the world I had entered, faded away as I lost consciousness.

© Copyright 2008 Brett Toper (cbrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495079-A-new-beginning