*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495619-Pursuit-of-Stardom---Epic-Proportions
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #1495619
This is a historical narrative about my pursuit towards becoming an actor!
“Blake Ellers*,” the drum major bellowed across the practice field. I peered around the person in front of me to see the drum major motioning to a short, smiling lady. I unstrapped my drum and walked to the sideline to meet this familiar face- Mrs. Dion, the Talented Arts Drama teacher.
         “Sorry, Paul, I didn’t mean to embarrass you,” she said quickly, “but I wanted to ask you if you were interested in doing a play?” Mrs. Dion was a petite, white haired lady probably around her fifties. Her voice was high pitched and reminded me of the Nannies. She was very bubbly and always wore a grin.
         “Of course,” I exclaimed. I was overwhelmed. This was the first time anything like this had every happened to me before. It took a moment for me to grip reality- I was being asked to play a character in a play without an audition! She handed me a 40-page script, along with a rehearsal schedule, explaining as she did about my character Phil, who was the lead character in the show.
         I placed the papers under a beverage near the director’s stand and ran back out to my snare drum. I strapped up with a huge grin on my face, eager to get home and explain the day’s activities to my parents.
         About a week later we had our first rehearsal. Mrs. Dion had informed me that the whole cast was anticipating meeting the “mystery actor.” I didn’t tell her, but that just added a little more pressure. I felt as if I had to be better than most of them because I was chosen to play a part when they all had to audition. Sometimes I doubted my abilities, but I soon learned never to do that.
         I arrived at the first rehearsal thirty minutes early. There was only one other person at Caddo Magnet High School when my dad and I pulled up. Her name was Isabella. She was a sweet, girl that immediately began talking to me.
         “I’m guessing your Paul,” she started. We began discussing the differences in our schools and gossiping when before we knew it other’s started to show up.
         I heard footsteps on the walkway in front of the T-buildings. I looked over to see a skater dude walking casually up the walkway.
         “That’s Ross!” Isabella explained, “Come on. You have to meet him.” One by one I met the rest of the cast and soon I had a whole new family of friends.
         All I have ever wanted since I performed in Peter Pan at Bossier Parish Community College is to become a successful actor. I never believed that I would get a role on my first audition (Peter Pan.), and I never would have guessed I would have received my first lead role without ever undergoing an audition.
         I’ve always prayed for God to lead me in the right direction. During the past year I have really seen his hands sculpting my life. He is leading me in an awesome direction, and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me next!

* - My name was changed for privacy.          




[Coming Soon ::]

Chapter 2 - Chaotic Rehearsals
Rehearsals take a turn for the worse as the show's opening date hangs in the balance. Students quarrel. The director walks out on the show. What could be next?
© Copyright 2008 P.H. Savage (savagerox001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495619-Pursuit-of-Stardom---Epic-Proportions