*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498223-Bad-things-really-do-happen-in-3s
by kparks
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Experience · #1498223
A week in the life of......
If you didn’t think that  bad things happen in 3’s then this will prove it!



I took Veteran’s Day off to go to the parade in Phoenix. From the description in the paper it is a pretty big affair with big balloons etc.  So I go out to my car and I left my keys in the house. Couldn’t get into the house or the car. After an hour I finally got the screen pried off the window kind of fell into the window and landed on my bed, with my feet dangling out the window. It must have been quite the sight for the neighbors. After a small back flip I was back in business and had my keys and was still determined to get to this parade. So I go to the gas station where someone backed into me. There was no damage that I could see so it ended OK but by this time I am thinking that going to a parade where there are a lot of military people with guns might not be such a good idea. I certainly was in no mood to test the old adage, "third times a charm". So I went home. Went to work yesterday, uneventful, then started the commute home. I must say that traffic was light for a change. Although a fire truck and the paramedics were on the road for some unknown reason. I suppose that we were all rubber-necking because I looked in front of me and the guy in front of me stopped short. So I slammed on my brakes. I stopped, looked in my rear view mirror and the lady behind me had come to a complete stop. Dodged that bullet. And then KABOOM. Apparently the lady behind her had not stopped. I don’t remember a whole lot because the sound of the air bags going off is deafening! I sat in my car patiently awaiting the police. A paramedic from the other accident came running over and excitedly asked me if I was having chest pains. Now, admittedly, I'm not exactly a size 8 and when my head cleared I realised that I had both hands cupped over my left breast. I have decided that airbags were designed by men. No woman in her right mind would design an exploding devise and aim it at her chest.I calmed the young paramedic down and explained that yes, I was having chest pains but not that kind of chest pain. I'm hoping this is the end of my bad luck. Bad things are only supposed to happen in 3's, but honestly, this is number 9583. So I sit her, in the closet, notebook on my lap, and wait ever so patiently for the next set of 3. Hope you week/life is going better.
© Copyright 2008 kparks (kparks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498223-Bad-things-really-do-happen-in-3s