*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499406-GGI-Lesson-7
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1499406
GGI Lesson Seven
Exercise 7-1:
Copy and paste the following paragraph so you can use WritingML to identify the adverbs in each sentence. Use green to identify all the adverbs, bold to identify adverbial phrases, and underline the adverb clauses.
(This passage was taken from a piece in my portfolio.)


Jason and Melanie were both born in Delaney, in 1953. They attended Delaney High School together and became sweethearts in the seventh grade, when they discovered their birthdays were only ten days apart. Although Jason was given the money to attend college by his parents, he chose to use the money to purchase a truck in order to go into business with his father. This was a decision that he has never truly regretted. Jason is a balding man, standing six feet two inches tall, with a noticeable "beer belly". Melanie has been forced to take on a mild nagging role, in order to get "Big D" to watch his health more closely. In the last year, he has started taking medication to control his blood pressure, and to lower his cholesterol. He doesn't get much regular exercise due to the nature of his job. Big D spends an average of 60 hours each week "on the job", much of that on the road, out of town. His off work activities include keeping the homestead in good order, and watching rodeo. He is very much in love with his wife, and ensures that they have their private night out at least once each month. He watched his parents grow apart toward the end of their lives, and is determined to avoid that in his own life. He has no siblings, and his workload has limited his long term friendships, although, he and Melanie have maintained a few friendships from their high school days.

Writing Exercise 7-1
(I've been working on two stories for the last few days and thought I'd use some of those sentences because I couldn't think of anything less lame.)

1. She ran quickly to the closet to search for her coat and gloves.

2. I looked at the clock, anxiously awaiting my boyfriend's arrival for our lunch date.

3. I fell hopelessly in love with writing.

4.Once I became an adult, I realized a new freedom - choosing my own path and as soon as I could, I freed myself from my abusive prison.

5. Across the room, her sister Myresa sat up, rubbing her eyes.

6. Evralia nodded and followed her younger sister as she raced down the steps and into the kitchen.

7. Evralia went into the kitchen and filled a bowl with fresh grapes and cheese before returning to the table.

8. Jared turned away and stomped toward the house, leaving Anna to stare after him.

9. Kya stood in the center of her roomy stall, slowly chewing a mouthful of hay.

10.The spirited mare pranced out into the circle, tossing her head and raising her tail.

© Copyright 2008 Charity Marie - <3 (cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499406-GGI-Lesson-7