*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499966-Historical-Writing-Assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Lyrics · History · #1499966
Tired of reading research papers? Have them write an historical fiction paper.
This assignment will take the place of writing a research paper. We will combine the elements of a research paper: Research, writing, and citations. We will combine this with the creative writing of crafting a multi-layered character of fiction. We will watch a portion of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl to get an understanding of a multi-layered character. (The portion that I show is the beginning to the point where Jack Sparrow says, "At least you have heard of me.")

**If you like the sound of this assignment, contact me here are wdc and I will send you an email with all the papers and information that I hand out for this assignment.**

Characteristics of the historical part of the assignment:

1. Choose a time period/event from American History that is small enough to create a short story around. This event must be an authentic part of American history found in history books.
2. You will research your historical event and gather a minimum of 20 historical facts about the incident in history you are going to write about. You may have more.
3. You story should be a well-told story that is historically accurate. You must include at least 10 historical facts.
4. Your characters must be realistically portrayed. A girl in 1700 did not have a telephone or a radio.
5. The setting must be authentic. If there were no paved highways yet, make sure you don’t have any in your story.
6. Historical facts must be skillfully woven into the text, not a list of facts the characters find in the newspaper.
7. We will create a character of many layers. You will give me the family history and the habits and characteristics of your characters in a separate paper. Hopefully, this will begin before you story has gotten too far along.
8. You must have at least three sources for information from which to make your Works Cited Page. You may have one internet site, one book, and one encyclopedia entry. You may have more if you choose to.
© Copyright 2008 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1499966-Historical-Writing-Assignment