*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501537-Some-All-or-Everything
Rated: ASR · Essay · Self Help · #1501537
Can a person have it all? Can someone have everything they need for a perfect life?
Some, All or Everything?

By, Connor Hughes


         Can a person have it all? Can someone have everything they need for a perfect life? I don’t mean owning things. I mean social and love life. Work and fun. Can someone have all that? I believe it’s possible. All we must do is stick to the following four things. Love life, social relations, work life and recreation. Some people may be saying that’s impossible. I believe that nothing is impossible.
There is an interesting short story called “Contents of a Dead Mans Pockets” by Jack Finney. This is the story that actually inspired me to write this paper. It is about a man who seems to not be able to balance his life. This however is not the plot of the story; it is more of the moral. This man decides to stay at home and finish his work rather than go out to a movie with his wife. He wants to increase his job standing but is unable to do other things he enjoys. This I thought was a perfect example of a non-healthy lifestyle.          
You see, I believe that all you need for a healthy, well balanced life style is good organization. If you organize your time and spend a little time on everything you will manage. So mainly I believe the skill you need is organization. Some people might say that they are organized or that they don’t need to be. Well maybe that works for you and maybe it doesn’t. However, do you really have time to do all the things you want to?
There is also a poem called “You Want a Social Life with Friends” the poet seems to disagree with me. His opinion on the matter is that you can’t balance all four. He believes that between the hours of waking and sleeping that there isn’t enough time. I disagree. I believe that you just have to balance your time well.
Now there is one other thing I believe you need aside from organization to have it all. You need to come to an understanding with yourself and realize what kind of person you are. What I mean by that is a person must realize what they enjoy and what they need to do. They need to know themselves how they can balance their lives. You need to know your limits.
Now how would I put all this together? I would have a work life during the day, a social life and fun in the afternoon and a romantic life in the evenings. Now sure, there are many other things that a person needs for a perfect life. I am just attempting to simplify it. Fun, work, social and love. Can a person really do all this? I don’t know. It all depends on who you are as a person and weather or not you know that yourself.
© Copyright 2008 Kerdonkulus (kerdonkulus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501537-Some-All-or-Everything