*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1502510-my-way-of-learning
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1502510
I wish to share my unique way of learning things, like language, driving, using gadgets.
I have been over eager from my early childhood to do anything that elders did. Often, I would be told that I was too young for my demands. 

My first desire was to use bicycle. I insisted my dad to teach me riding a bicycle. He promised me. But as he was too busy or lazy, he did absolutely nothing. One noon, when he was feeling a bit sleepy, I pressed very hard. He got annoyed and said: "Do you think my father taught me riding a bicycle ?  Don't disturb me again". Being disappointed, I left away. But I was too eager. I  took his bicycle outside the house. The street was empty as it was a very hot day. The bicycle was too big for my height. I managed to sit on the carrier of the bicycle. Then I picked up courage to paddle. To my surprise, I balanced the bicycle and rode very smoothly and without any trouble. So, I rode the bicycle for hours. It was nearing sun set when my father and others woke up from summer sleep. some of my neighbors saw me riding the bicycle. A lady surprisingly shouted, "See. gulu is riding the bike". My dad also came out and was very surprised to see me riding the bike. Next day, he rewarded me by buying a brand new children bicycle.

Another episode is about learning English. I studied upto Class Vth in Hindi medium school. On transfer of my father to new station, he got me admitted in an English medium convent school. I was admitted inn Class VI.  My knowledge of English was limited to alphabets and very small sentences. I felt as an outcast in school owing to my poor English. I fared very badly in quarterly exam and got just 5% marks. I was ridiculed by my class mates. I could not pronounce properly words like 'began'  'beauty' etc. But soon, I picked courage. I began speaking in English only. I discarded use of Hindi. I read only English story books from school library, spoke in English only and listened to English programmes only on Radio. Very soon, I was most proficient in English as well as in other subjects. In next exams, I stood first in my class.

Learning computer is my another unique experience. I was in share trading business. I worked from rented space in a business center. I was promised complete support and communication facilities. One day, I handed over my hand written draft to the concerned typist employed by the business center. The letter could not be typed even in two days. On my reminding, the clerk typed the letter with many spelling errors and omissions. He explained that he could not understand well my handwriting. He failed to type even when I wrote in capital letters. He could not even type dictated text.  Then, the  center manager inquired if i could type. I told that I had never typed but could try. I sat on the computer first time in my life. The computer typist told me that I had to type the words "CD  WS"  followed by "ws"  as next command. I did it. then i saw a 'wordstar window.' Just by getting guidance on the computer screen, I learn t not only 'word star' but also 'lotus spreadsheet', 'foxpro'  etc. This is how I learn t computer.
© Copyright 2008 gulshan kumar (gkajmani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1502510-my-way-of-learning