*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503294-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-2
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1503294
a "light novel" of sorts, inspired on a weird dream and an overdose on anime.
Chapter 2: The big confession

Yamada

It was the weirdest thing that had ever happened to me. A girl asked me out and in what a way. I couldn't say anything, I just stood there, staring at her. She looked at me, saying.

”Well, which is it? I don't expect you'd have anything better to do”
”Heh, how could I turn down such an honest request”
”Don't make anything out of it, I'm asking you to hang with me just because I have nothing better to do”
”Whatever you say, shall we go then?”

I still couldn't believe what was happening, Harusaki Natsuki, the very existence of girl like her is a miracle, why did she make her offer to me, is a total mystery. That said, I don't have any idea what kind of things guys are supposed to say and do on dates, I decided to start with watching a movie, but it completely surpised me when the film she wanted to watch was the same I would have liked to watch myself. Watching a martial arts action movie on your first date, the feeling was incomprehensibly weird. Yet it didnt' feel awkward at all, we were both enjoying the movie. After the movie we went to discuss the movie to a cafe. As we talked on and on I realized what a tomboy she was.

”Hey, Takeru-kun, did you see that cool roundhouse kick at the big bar brawl?”
”Yeah, but think the moment was when the hero's duel with his arch enemy”
”Oh yeah, that was really cool as well”
”Heh, you know, I never expected to meet a girl like you, you're really open and spontaneus, talking to you is like talking to a good friend I've known for a long time.
”Hey, don't you mistake me for one your friends, I don't intend to leave our relationship on that stage”

”is she talking about becoming lovers” I wondered to myself. Up until now, it hadn't even felt like a real date, it was more like hanging out with a good friend. She was such a tomboy, I had completely forgotten I was actually on a date. Now that I look at her, she is cute but there is something familiar about her, that's right. The face I saw behind the iron grill of kendo helmet in that club. Couldn't be her, right? As if today's events hadn't
already been weird enough, something even more weirder was going on. After I had made my remark about tomboyish nature, she had began acting like a complete opposite of what she was first like. All of sudden, she made a question with serious look in her face.

”Hey, what kind of girls you like?”
”What kind of question is that? You've been acting different for a while now”
”Just answer the question”
”heh, I haven't thought about it all that much, I'm not really sure, but I've had a good time with you, the real you, that is”
”the real me?”
”After I mentioned you were like a friend to me, you became like whole another person, if that's the reason, I want you to know it's not necessary for to you to pretend to be someone else. You asked me, what kind of girls I like, but I never really gave you an answer. Well, here's my answer:I like you, the way you really are.

Natsuki

After asking him out with me, he just stood there, staring at me. I began to wonder whether I took too big of risk, playing around with like that, but above all, I was just pissed. He should have said something, but he just kept staring at me, not knowing what to do. So, I asked him which was it, yes or no. This time he was able to open his mouth. He proposed wathcing a movie, I've been on a dozen dates like that, so I had seen all the girly films they're showing, but there's this action movie i've wanted to watch some time now. Luckily, I turned out that our taste in movies is the same. After watching the movie we went to a cafe and discussed the movie. I don't know why, but for some reason, I was able to talk about things I really wanted to talk about, and say what I really wanted to say. Something in that guy just made me open up. Usually, I talk about more girly things on dates, but somehow I completely forgot about my flirty attitude. That's when he said the thing that made me worried. He told that hanging with me was like hanging out with one his friends. That's when I realized, I had been acting like I usually do with my brother. Up until now, my brother whom I practice with in my father's dojo was the only person who knew my real personality. What if he liked more girly girls, what if I'm doomed to be just friends with him? I've got to take iniative and get closer to him. Maybe we should share a drink or something...

After I changed my behavior he's been staring me like I'm an alien or something, maybe he thinks I'm acting strange. I just have to know, what kind of girls does he really like. My thought pattern was suddenly interrupted by his sudden confession. I had thought revealing my true personality had been a mistake, but it seemed like this was going to be even easier than flirting usually is. But until now, I thought that i'd go back to my old ways after the three weeks was over. What if he'd really accept me for what I am. But would I be ready for that? What am I thinking, this guy is completely average, heck, maybe worse than average, like I couldn't get anyone better if I'd like a boyfriend. Still, I'm relieved I can act normally around him, three weeks is a long time. As for my answer to his confession, It's best that he knows the whole story before making his decision.

”Takeru-kun, you said, you liked the real me, well, then you should learn to know the real me. There is a place I want to show you”
”eh, sure, what place?”

We took a bus to my father's dojo, which had already been closed for today. I opened the door with my own keys and revealed the truth to Yamada.

”Natsuki-san, just what is this place?”
”This is my father's kendo dojo, I've practiced kendo here ever since I was child, and I also belong to the Shuuei high kendo club”
”That face, you're my sparring partner, aren't you?”
”Took you long enough, now that you know the whole truth, what will you do?”

He looked right into my eyes, and pointed me with his index finger and yelled out:

”Hey, you, go out with me!
”Hell yeah, I will!”
© Copyright 2008 lokkinen (lokkinen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503294-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-2