*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503295-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-3
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1503295
a "light novel" of sorts, inspired on a weird dream and an overdose on anime.
Chapter 3: the truth revealed.

Yamada

The next morning I wake up, I wished, I had some way to make sure what happened yesterday wasn't just a dream. But it was real all right. The big problem was that i had yet to learn the whole truth. As i walked towards Shuuei high unknowingly happy, yet another problem was headed my way. Would my life ever go back to normal, I wish I knew. On the lunch break, it just happened, all of the sudden, all hell broke loose and my life was turned upside down, yet again. My classmate Nagasawa was walking towards my table looking like she had something to say. She slammed her hand on to the table, looking fiercely at me and started yelling at me.

”Yamada, you idiot! I just heard two girls talking about how that Harusaki had actually spend a whole day with the same boy, you can't be serioysly going out with her!”
”Is there something strange about her dating me?”
”What? Don't tell me don't even know what she is? She's a man-eater, she plays with men's feelings and even steals boyfriends. She's an enemy of all men and women equally!”
”I'm sorry, but I've never heard about anything like this, and to be exact, she doesn't even sound like someone who would that kind of things. In fact, she was a complete tomboy.
”You can't be serious, look, I know I'm not playing a fair game here, but as my classmate it's my duty to tell you the truth”
So, go ahead already, you sound like you have something big to say, so get on with it”
”Yesterday, I made a bet with Harusaki, saying that she could never get a real boyfriend for even three weeks. So, we chose a boy at random, and now she has to date that someone for three weeks and get a kiss from him. You're the one, Yamada!”

I stood there looking like someone whose house had been blown apart in broad daylight, staring at her with a blank expression. I couldn't believe what she had said, Natsuki's actions didn't even seem like someone who was trying to hit on someone just for beating a bet, unless, she was a mind-reader. Not knowing what to do, I wandered aimlessly and ended up to the school library of all places, well, right know I had nothing against some peace and quiet, after all, I had to do some serious thinking. Just then, I ran into yet another unexpected meeting. Kazuki Tomoko was standing before me. The girl I had ended up saving from a gang, who had made me a lunch just yesterday, But after meeting Natsuki, meeting this girl again just seemed so awkward. She looked like she wasn't expecting to meet me here, but she was still able to somehow open her mouth.

”Oh, Yamada-kun, a strange thing meeting you here, you don't seem like someone to visit a place like this”
”Oh, Kazuki-san, I guess not, I felt like I needed some time to think, and I just wandered in here”
”Oh, that's all right, again, thank you for that time”
”Don't mention it, oh, have you been bothered by anyone after that? If you need a bodyguard, I can handle it”
”eh, not at all, I mean, um, not that I'd have a problem with it...”
”Just joking, but don't be afraid to tell me, if you or any of your friends run into trouble”
”Sure, but, um, there's a thing I'd like to ask you about, you see, I've been watching you in class ever since that incident and you aren't doing too well with your studies are you? I was, um, thinking that I could help you with your studies”
”Sure, what the heck, my parents have been bothering me with my studies for a long time now, I'd be happy to accept any help i can get”

In the kendo club, I felt as awkward as ever. What i had said to Tomoko made me feel kinda like a traitor, even if it was just studies. But hey, just how many girls are willing to tutor boys like this? The more I think about it, the more it makes me nervous about it. Natsuki, who still didn't the fact that I knew her true motives was as energetic as ever. Maybe it was her way of showing her love, she didn't go easy on me a single bit, she just kept flirting to me, which messed up my thoughts even more. Hold it in, I told myself. If she really is after my first kiss, I gotta be extra careful. Losing a piece of youth like that... Not to mention whatever chance I might have had with Tomoko. But I have a feeling that this won't end well, if I blew it up in her face. The only probable solution is to endure the remaining 3 weeks no matter what and see if she still likes me after the best before date has passed.

Natsuki

For the first time today I found myself really waiting for the kendo club. Sure, it's fun and all, but my father has trained me so well, The school club was never a challenge. After all, I fight with the adults in my father's dojo. But this time I'm gonna beat up that Yamada good. If he thinks I'll go easy on him just for what he said yesterday, he's in for a surpise. Heh, this is actually fun, wait, have I said that about any guy at all. Sure, teasing them is kinda fun, especially when I get to see the expressions on their girlfriends faces, but Yamada's the first guy who is just fun to be with. Eh, just what am I thinking? I can't be falling for the first guy whom I actually had to go out with seriously. You just dare to steal my heart like that and I'll beat you up to the next world. However, I guess, I should get serious with him, after all, I'm working with a time limit here. A part of me is already regretting this bet, but there's no way I could go back now. All right, this weekend, I'm making my move. I'll take him shopping and set up a fashion show for him, that pervert doesn't stand a chance. After that, we'll go to a cafe and then I'll sit next to him and take my chance.

Yamada

I woke up a whole hour earlier than I usually do, because I had promised Tomoko to meet her in the library, so we can do some studying before class starts. The mornings had been getting colder for some time now, but it was still within my limits. I arrived a little early to the library, only to find she was already waiting for me in front of a table.

”So, umm, Yamada-kun, which subjects are you having problems with?”
”Mainly math and science, but I really need all the help i can get”
”Okay, lets start with tomorrow's math homework, is that okay?”
”Sure, what the deal with these calcultions here then?”
”Let me see”

I felt a little nervous as she sat closer to me and looked at the math over my shoulder. After staring at the book with a blank for like what seemed like several minutes, she went back to her seat, as I looked at her, her face seemed completely red, or was just my imagination again? She took a deep breath and finally opened her mouth.

”umm, you have to use this formula and substract that from the x...”
”Oh, now I get it, hey you're even better at explaining this than the teacher.”
”ah... umm, shall we move on the next one?”

We went on like that for an hour, but at least I got my homework done, that was the first time I actually did any homework, other than just skimming trough it. I guess I should be thankful to her, but somehow I'm just happy that the weekend, no homework, no lessons and certainly not getting beat up by a certain girl.Oh, and I'm going on a date with her this weekend. I wonder, if everything is really gonna end in just three weeks or what's left of it to be more exact, which is more like 2 weeks and 3 days.
© Copyright 2008 lokkinen (lokkinen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503295-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-3