*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504019-boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-5
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1504019
a "light novel" of sorts inspired on a weird dream and an overdose on anime
Chapter 5 (yet another) big confession


Yamada


The following monday I woke up early and went to the library to study with Tomoko, just like always, wait, to be exact, it's the third time now. Little did I know yet another big problem was waiting just around the corner. By now, I should have known, but no, today just wasn't my day. I arrived at the library and saw that this time Tomoko was already waiting me with someone else, a cheerful girl with a long dark hair, probably Tomoko's friend.


”Good morning, Yamada-kun, this is Yoshida Katsumi, a classmate of mine. Do you mind if I tutor her as well?”

”No problem at all”

”Good to hear that, Yamada, eh, just call me Yoshi or whatever you like”


After the introductions, the study session continued like usual, for a while, that is. Soon, I noticed Yoshida was whispering something to Tomoko's ear, no more like talking aloud. Idiot, don't you realize I can totally hear you?


”So, Tomo-chan, is he the one?”

”wha-what do you mean, the one?”

”Oh, cmon, you know very well what I'm talking about, you've been spacing out in class ever since last week and sighing randomly. Now you're tutoring a boy, anyone can connect the dots”

”You got it all wrong, i-it's nothing like that... it's just that, you see, um...”

”The expression on your face speaks more than a thousand words, just go get him, tiger”


So Tomoko had feelings for me, or that's what it looks like, at the very least. A worst-case scenario, a love triangle was the last thing my complicated love life needed. What should I do? Officially, I'm still dating with Natsuki, but I'd hate to turn her down just because of a bet. My thought pattern was interrupted by Yoshida


”I gotta go to the toilet, just move on without me”


She sure is direct, a complete opposite of her classmate. But somehow, I had a feeling, this was just a part of her plan, and sure enough, the expression on Tomoko's face confirmed my doubts. She was trembling but was somehow able to open her mouth.


”Um... Yamada-kun, the truth is that... ever since you saved me, I... I've had these feelings for you and I don't know what to do anymore. I like you, I like more than anyone in the whole world!”


Right now, steam was probably gushing out of my ears, as I was going trough my options and the possible solutions. But no matter how hard I thought about, all of the scenarios ended in some kind of a catastrophy


”There's someone else, isn't there, Yamada-kun?”

”Well, yes and no, it's a complicated situation...”

”I'm actually glad to hear that, that means I still have a chance, I'll just keep working hard until you can come up with an answer”

”Thank you, Kazuki-san, you have no idea how much that means to me”


Everything went better than expected, but it doesn't solve my dilemma, but at least it's good to know I have someone to rely on in case things don't work out with Natsuki. But would she be happy knowing she's just the price for the second place, and what about me, just what is my role in all of this? I guess the only way to be sure is to wait, two more weeks, that is.

Just when I was thinking, my quota of weird events was full for today, I ran into an even more troublesome person during the lunch break, you guessed it, that person was of course nobody else but the source of all my problems, my classmate, Nagasawa.

”Yamada, you idiot, I can't believe you are still going out with Harusaki, you probably haven't even revealed the fact that you know about the bet”

”Of course I haven't, I figured, the only way to know for sure is to wait until the bet ends”

”Know for sure, you can't be seriously thinking that she'd have fallen for you, besides, there's no way you'd be able to protect your lips for the remaining two weeks”

”Even if that's the case, why are you butting in like this, can't you admit your loss like, well, a girl”

”It's my duty as your classmate to protect your youth, that's all”


Just then, yet another worst-case scenario, this truly isn't my day at all. The person standing next to us was none other than Natsuki Harusaki.


Natsuki


All right, time to make up for the lost time on sunday, I'm gonna give that idiot the lunch time of his life, what, he's already sitting with someone, but it doesn't exactly look like competition, what, isn't that Nagasawa?


”Natsuki-san, did you hear everything we just said?”

”Even a moron would be able to connect the dots, You just couldn't play a fair game, Nagasawa, but you Yamada, you're the worst, what did you think you could achieve by not telling the truth, was it just because you pitied me”

”No, you got it all wrong, I just thought that waiting until the bet ends would be only way to know for sure. So which is it, was it all just a part of your plan or is there something else”


That's right, I haven't really given any thought about what to do after the bet is over. Sure, Yamada is fun to be with, but is that what I really want. Okay, then, no better time than now I guess, calm down, and think about Yamada, what does he mean to me... What the, just what are these thoughts, it's stinks, it's so fricking sappy I can't take it, in the middle of all this, I've actually developed feelings for him. I'm not sure what to do, what should I do, it's the first time I've had this kind of feeling.


Why did I run? If I have something to say, I should have just said it. This isn't like me at all. Damn it, Yamada's following me, that idiot...


Yamada

I quickly ran after Natsuki, and catched up to her, but suddenly she turned around and leaped towards me, caught off guard, my first kiss was stolen just like that.


”Natsuki, why did you?”

”Idiot, naturally, the bet doesn't count anymore, since Nagasawa broke the rules, this is a real first kiss”


An afterthought


So, all is well that ends well, or something like that. Anyway, soon after these events, Natsuki joined our tutoring sessions and all four of us (that's me, Natsuki, Yoshida and Tomoko) are studying really hard to make our dreams come true. I have a feeling Tomoko hasn't still given up on me, and that the next three years are going to be as troublesome as ever. For now, I'll just enjoy these peaceful moments as long as they last.
© Copyright 2008 lokkinen (lokkinen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504019-boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-5