*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503296-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-4
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1503296
a "light novel" of sorts, inspired on a weird dream and an overdose on anime.
Chapter 4: My big chance, ruined?

Natsuki

Yes! Today is the day I'm finally going to steal Yamada's first kiss. He'll pick me up from the station and then we'll go shopping and then... I can't wait! I ate my breakfast in a hurry and sprang back to my room, already pondering what I should wear for the date. Of course we're going shopping for clothes, but a good first impression is also important. Ah... this isn't like me at all, damn you, Yamada, making me go through all this. Hmm, this skirt is a bit too short, too bad the days already getting colder, ah this should be okay, I guess. Why is this so hard today?

Fifteen minutes later I finally arrived at the station, where Yamada was already waiting for me. It was my first time seeing him in casual clothes, and his style was annoyingly laid-back, doesn't he have any kind of idea what kind of trouble I just went through?

”Takeru-kun, sorry for being late!”
”It's nothing, Natsuki-san, it's just me that's early here.”
”ah, c'mon Takeru-kun, you should drop the san already, we're dating, you know.”
”eh... yes, Natsuki”
”That's more like it, shall we go then?”
”Just where are we going anyway?”
”Isnt' that obvious? Shopping, you idiot, shopping.”

After a little walk we arrived at the store, everything was proceeding like planned up till now, altough the expression on Yamada's face was a little weird.

”Natsuki, isn't this the lingerie department?”
”Well, duh, it's certainly not the video game store”
”But, isn't this a little embarrassing?, besides, just look at these, I can't even imagine you wearing something like this”
”Since you said so, we'll start with that”
”What do you mean, start with that?”
”If you even try peaking, you're a dead man!”

The first piece of lingerie was bright red bikini with white stripes, It was an unusual time of year for shopping something like that, but this was service, after all. Okay, this should do it, Yamada, you pervert!

Yamada

It was yet another weird day after my life had been turned upside down, wait, or was that the second
time? Oh well. Anyway, here I was, sitting in front of a fitting room, in the women's lingerie department, and just how exactly did I end up here? Again, I wish knew precisely how... in any case, I'm here shopping with Natsuki, but how did it suddenly end up like this, that's a mystery to me, no, I shouldn't say that, after all, she's after my first kiss. As I wondered, if the situation could get any worse, a goddess walked out of the fitting room. Natsuki was wearing the red bikini with white stripes I had picked up randomly. Suddenly, I didn't know just where to look at, and the only thing that kept me sane was the fact that I knew her secret... Nagasawa, should i thank you or kill you?

”So, does it fit me?”
”umm... i- it's okay, i guess...”
”So, you say, but the expression on your face is telling a whole another story, you pervert, don't worry, it's okay, but just because it's for you”

The rest of the day quickly became an awkward fashion show, and I had really hard time holding my frustration and my urges inside. After 3 hours we finally took a break and went to local cafe. However, I have no idea if the situation had actually got any better. I was already out of cash, so she's responsible for the drinks today. There's just no stopping her when it comes to romantic things,
I mean, we're sharing a drink.

”So, Takeru-kun, how do you like my body?”
”What kind of question is that?”
”What do you think, the ecchi kind, of course, so, I'm waiting for your answer”
”eh... umm”
”It's not eh, and it's certainly not umm either, just what is it with you today, are you a man or a mouse?”
”ah, just shut up!”
”Meanie!”
”whatever...”

Natsuki

Oh man! This is not going well at all... Yamada's not openly perverted enough, damn you, stingy closet pervert. And I was supposed to steal that kiss today. Well, even if the atmosphere has become colder, it isn't going to stop me from trying. We just need a little skinship. I got up from my seat and started walking towards his seat that was on my opposite side, but just then I ran into something and fell over, crashing at Yamada and ending up on top of him on the floor. It was awkward situation and certainly wasn't what I had planned in the first place, but this is skinship as well. We lied there on the floor, just staring at each other. His face was all red and probably so was mine. I could hear his heart beating, it was really loud and fast. If I took advantage of the situation, he probably wouldn't be able to stop himself. Just as I was starting to get closer to his face, the waitress came looking, just what had caused the noise, interrupting our moment. We got up, feeling even more awkward than before. Suddenly, Yamada spoke up.

”Natsuki, This isn't like you at all, you have been acting weird the whole day, it's almost like the time you suddenly asked what kind of girls I like”
”What do you mean, not like me?”
”When I confessed to you, I said, I liked the real you, the one that likes watching action films and beating me up with a shinai”
”But I thought you'd like to see a different side of me, After all, all boys are perverts”
”You think so, well, it certainly was fun in it's own way but...”

I had completely forgotten about Yamada's little fixation on my tomboy side. So, my approach was all wrong and I've done nothing but wasted away yet another day. No, I won't let it go to waste, there's a still a way.

”Since it's like that, how about we go to my dojo again, I'll give you some special training!”
”Special training, you say, how come I have the feeling you're just going to beat me up harder than usually”
”Well, that's another way to say it”

We spend rest of the day at my father's dojo, practising with our shinai. I was again reminded of why Yamada was the only boy who was actually just fun to be with. For the first time it crossed my mind. Just what is going to happen when all of this is over? Will I still go back to my old habits, or will I... just what am I thinking of again? Yamada, you big idiot!
© Copyright 2008 lokkinen (lokkinen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503296-Boyfriend-for-3-weeks-chapter-4