*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506208-I-Am-Shadow
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #1506208
Something I wrote today, and I thought I'd throw it up here too.
I am the one who falls behind the crowd; the one who mirrors the world's every move.





I am the figure, the shape, the silhouette, everyone can see but can never hear. I am in the light always when I myself am entirely dark. I am easy enough to reveal and easier still to be hidden once more. I am there in everyone, following, watching, so as to copy; that's all I am: a copy of the world, of life, and the dwellings therein. I can be no more than a follower, a mimic, the one who remains where all else has left. I will always be around you, and everyone else; I can never leave, never, no matter how hard I try..I must always stay. For I am connected to all, to object, to animal, to Men and to Women; even to the Light and the Dark. Always there, always entwined, always going where I am moved.

Always looking, where the eyes around me, everyone stare.



I existed long before the world, before time. I have lasted out the days and will live on, even when nothing but death will survive; I will stand, I will remain never to be overtaken never to be destroyed. I go on forever, past eternity where all must end, I stretch farther. the wake in all paths is me. For I am nothing.



Truly, I am only Shadow.
© Copyright 2008 James Marie (jamesmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506208-I-Am-Shadow