*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507664-I-Saw-Mommy-Kissing-Santa-Claus
by JoanB
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1507664
Letter About Santa Kissing Mommy
 I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus  (E)
Letter About Santa Kissing Mommy
#1507664 by JoanB





421 Words

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus


Two days before Christmas, late at night

Dear Santa Claus,

My name is Christopher—you know, the boy on Manor Lane in Gulfport, Missippi.  I’ve been a good boy all year and I want you to come on Christmas Eve night.  I’m going to leave you more of the sugar cookies shaped like Christmas trees because you ate every crumb of those I left out for you last year.

But, Santa, tonight, I got out of bed to get a drink of water, and I heard Mommy talking to someone in the den.  I crept down the stairs to peep and you were talking to Mommy!  I don’t know why you came a day early, but we’ve got a problem—a big problem.

I saw you and Mommy kiss!  I didn’t like that.  I don’t think Mrs. Claus would like it either.  And I know my Daddy wouldn’t like it.  Daddy says Mommy’s his one and only girl and that he’s her only man.

Daddy’s been gone for a long time, and I have to take care of Mommy for him.  Daddy will be home next year sometime.  I don’t want him to know Mommy kissed you—even if she misses Daddy.  See, Daddy’s in Iraq fighting a war.  He has to be careful because the people called Talleybons shoot at the American soldiers.  Daddy will come home safe because Mommy and I pray every night for Jesus to protect my Daddy.

Can you see now why Mommy doesn’t need another man?  I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but, when you come tomorrow night, please don’t kiss Mommy, OK?  Daddy’s the only man for Mommy.

                                                                               Thank you, Santa,
                                                                                            Christopher S.


                               
**************************************


Christmas Night

Dear Santa,

It’s Christopher again.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

Wow!  You brought the best Christmas present to me and Mommy!

When I woke up this morning, I ran down the stairs to see my presents.  Daddy was sitting by the tree with Mommy.  I was so excited that I couldn’t move until Daddy came over, picked me up, and kiss me with sloppy kisses all over my face.  His kisses tickled, too, because he was wearing one of your suits, and the beard was fuzzy.  Mommy came over to hug us and we hugged her.  I couldn’t say anything because I was so happy.  But I laughed and laughed when Mommy kissed Daddy then tickled him underneath his beard so snowy white.

                                          Thank you, Santa!  I love you,

                                      Christopher S.





© Copyright 2008 JoanB (joanb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507664-I-Saw-Mommy-Kissing-Santa-Claus