*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557659-Unfolding-Splendor
by JoanB
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1557659
author needs idea for his next novel
Unfolding Splendor





         I’ve come to Georgetown Lake outside of Butte, Montana, to write.  The creative juices ran dry back home in Mississippi.  My uncle has this cabin at the lake with an ice-topped mountain on the opposite side.  Without any other cabins close by, it’s quiet and peaceful here.  Cool but not uncomfortably cold.  Invigorating air.  I can walk by the lake without the sound of whizzing cars, cell phones ringing, and loud music booming.  I haven’t begun to write yet.  I’m letting the sights and sounds of Mother Nature seep into my soul.  The woods, lake, birds, animals, and clean air will hopefully soothe me while I wait for inspiration to come.  Some would say they are waiting for their Muse, but I believe God and His world, His magical, mystical nature, are my inspiration.



         I don’t write mysteries or romances, spy novels or adventure stories.  I write about people—real or fictional—who find answers in nature.  So, I go to quiet places all over this amazing country for my scenes, and the stories seem to float to me on the ocean, over the plains, down the mountains, along the streams, and down the country lanes.



         Today has been a day of preparation—bringing in the firewood, airing out the cabin, setting up my computer, and unpacking.  The sun is beginning to set and heavy shadows dim the cabin as I don my red-and-black-checkered flannel shirt, and walk out onto the porch before settling in for the night.  Laying before me is a picture only God could paint.



         Framed by the darkening spruce and pine trees, the lake gleams with sparkling ripples.  The sun has almost sunk behind the mountain—a mountain so purple that it proclaims its royalty.  The deep blue sky is its backdrop.  And before the mountain,, the lake is an artist’s canvas, and an invisible hand has painted the reflection—the unfolding splendor of the setting of the sun, the ice-topped, purple mountain, and the deep blue sky.  I am moved to tears and now have my inspiration.



Inspired by Tim Janis'  Unfolding Splendor (Music)

© Copyright 2009 JoanB (joanb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557659-Unfolding-Splendor