*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509276-The-last-kiss
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1509276
Mysterious boy and his victim, what will happen


Gabriella walked slowly into the abandoned cathedral. Rats and mice were the only occupants here now. It had been destroyed in a fire about 35 years ago, and noone ever came around this condemned building. But now....now she started hearing the dismal organ music. It echoed the shattered remains of the chantry's walls. And she was bewitched by the music, it pulled her in. Almost like she was under a spell.

She suddenly found herself gazing onto a gorgeous figure. His jet black hair fell over his face, and his facial features were abnormally gorgeous. She had never seen this man in town before. Who was he?

Gabriella sat in one of the pews, mesmerized by the tune this man was so strong on playing. The organ pipes blared with soothing notes, mixed with strong ones. And as the music dissolved into the back of the church and finally stopped all together, Gabriella found herself staring at the young man, who was now hovering over her, almost flying.

"You enjoyed that?" his voice was deep and beautiful, his own intonation was music by itsself.

Gabriella, couldn't find words, she stood up, her short dirty blonde hair was very neatly tucked back behind her ears, she adjusted the thin rimmed black glasses that sat snug on her nose as she finally spoke "Y-Yes....that was breathtaking...what was it?"

The man turned, his back facing her as he spoke, "Something I composed a long time ago." He began to walk towards the stage, she watched him as he ran his fingers over the dusty edge of the ruined oak. "This place is historic, gorgeous indeed. It's a shame it was destroyed." The man continued, "Can you hear it? The music of chambers echoing through the foyer? The god fearing men and women conversating before service?" He glanced to her, his ice blue eyes seemed to stare right through, revealing everything about Gabriella, studying her very soul. "And they all go home to sin the next day. Do you believe that any God would have wanted it this way?" The man's voice had suddenly turned harsh and strict. His demeanor went from gentlemen like, to almost violent.

Gabriella started to back away a bit, her words caught dead in her throat as she tried to speak, "Y-You don't believe in God?"

With an abnormally fast movement he was already standing in front of her, frightening her to the point she stumbled over her feet, falling to the leave covered ground.

"God? I believe in nothing. I believe of only myself. That, my dear, is a puzzlement all in it's own." he forcefully grabbed her, pressing her up against a wall, his low growling voice began to whisper, still harsh, Gabriella could now see the man's fangs flashing as he spoke.

"Have you ever walked the earth for thousands of years? Watching everyone you love die, yet you are cursed to roam alone in eternity, never to age, never to know emotions? What God would put his own men through such pain and suffering? What God would let his children deal with the crushing lonliness and the eternity they face." he gritted his teeth, his fangs sheathing, Gabriella tried to struggle out of his grasp, but to no avail. He was curiously strong, she turned her head away, tears drizzling down her face as she pleaded, "Please....let me go!"

The man leaned into her, close to her ear, he whispered, "I hope you believe in your God. Because you should pray to him now." He suddenly opened his mouth wide, sinking his fangs into her warm pulsating throat, Gabriella couldn't scream. Her fighting dwindled down to nothing as the man drank her very life away, feeling her body go limp and slink to the floor, after a moment letting her go, backing away to study his lifeless victim. He wiped a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth, his breathing was quick, as he said, "Where was your God, when I took your life." The man let out a small chuckle as he turned, and walked out the cathedral doors.
© Copyright 2008 Deja Greycloud (rikku2122 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509276-The-last-kiss