*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509779-True-Happiness
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1509779
This is just something I was contemplating late last night and decided to write.
    Why is it when people have a lack of personal achievements they endure feelings of unimportance?  I feel that you have to be proud of the person your are, your character as a human being, instead of the things you have done mostly for societies approval. Your character is something you build on your whole life, something that people can see in your eyes before you even open your mouth. If you have to prove yourself by stating your achievements then they are going to see through that. They are going to know you are trying to validate yourself to cover up some imperfection that you are scared to reveal. The fatal flaw is thinking that these imperfections are detrimental to your life. Imperfections make you human, they are what motivate you to better yourself. The real meaning of life is struggle, it is what makes us understand true happiness and embrace it. If we did not have the innate drive to struggle against these forces we would never get anywhere in life. I used to feel like true happiness was the ultimate goal and meaning in life. But true happiness is a myth, fabricated in our minds to motivate us to jump through the hoops of life. Just think about what true happiness means to you, if life were like that would you truly be happy? Or does the pain of heartbreak,  death, and sadness just make us understand that we are human and how great love, life, and happiness really is?
© Copyright 2008 IT_Tabbert (wall_breaker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509779-True-Happiness