*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510868-magical-soul
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1510868
its about a girl who learns the truth about her birth
This story begins in a cottage that lay next to a beautiful babbling broke, a young women by the name of Arethusa had just given birth to her first child. The child's name was Pepper and she was the first girl born to her village in the past 25 years.
As Pepper grew she developed some vary pointy ears, but when she asked her mother why they were pointy she said that they were special.
When Pepper reached the age of 17 her mother told her that she was not like other children and thought that she should visit the mountain of mythical beings.
She asked her mother for what reason should she go , but her mother only looked at her and said to pack some things and head west.
So pepper did as she was told and began her journey that vary morning. She had never been outside of her village because her mother thought that she would get hurt at so young of age. Everything was so new to her that she did not realize that she was being followed.
She heard a branch snap and she quickly turned around, but by the time she did there was no-one there. She kept on walking but this time she was listening and when she heard another snap she turned just in time to see a girl with green hair was following her.
"for what reason are you following me?"
the girl just looked at Pepper and then she spoke but as she spoke it sounded as tough she was drinking water
"i have come to ask if you will help me to my home" . Pepper stared at her for a moment
'Your home, and where exactly do you live?"
the girl looked sad for a moment and then turned back towards pepper
"I live really close to the mountain of magic, but i was kidnapped. I managed to escape and here is where I ended up at , then I saw you and thought you could help me."
Pepper got this bewildered look on her face
" sure I would be glad to help you get home " then she relized that she didn't know her name
"I'm so sorry i forgot to introduce myself, my name is Pepper."
The girl with green hair started laughing and then took Pepper by the hand
" my name is Acasha "
" shall we be on are way " Pepper began to walk but was stopped when she relized that acasha was not following her
"what are you doing ?"
Acasha grabbed hold of a plant and said " this will heal any sickness so maybe we should bring it just in case "
then they began there journey to the mountain of magic.
as they traveled they met some strange people who looked as though they were glowing like fireflies. Acasha told her that they were elemental and there kind were air elemental.
Pepper wondered how she knew what they were but did not want to be rude by asking. Five days they traveled and already they had seen a unicorn, a Nixie, and a group of elemental. Every time Acasha pointed out a different creature Pepper wondered how she knew what each on was,.
Finally they reached the village at the base of the mountain and Acasha erupted with joy
" oh! thank you for bringing me home , but to tell you the truth I wasn't lost"
this surprised Pepper because she thought that Acasha was a truthful person.
" you see I'm a fairy that's why I knew what all though creatures were and there is someone here who wants to talk to you badly."
Pepper looked up and saw her mother walk out of a home with a beautiful purple dress on and for some reason there were wings sprouting from her back.
" sorry i didn't tell you why you had pointy ears, but i thought you would hate knowing the truth and run away from home."
Pepper now understood why she could not go outside and why her mother always avoided her questions
" so your saying I'm a fairy? "
her mother smiled, nodded her head and then gave her a hug
" you are to be queen, for I have ruled for far to long and I never thought that I would have a child. I must leave you to join the elders in the stars , but I will stay until you are crowned
Pepper was taken up to the castle and was told to sit in the chair. a great feast went on  for 3 days before they crowned her.
When it came time for her to be crowned her mother asked her a vary important question
"will you rule these people with a gentle heart and a kind soul " Pepper looked all around the room and the  said ' yes'
she gave her mom a hug and then watched as she floated up through the roof and disappeared.
she ruled for many centuries ans when it came time for her to leave her daughter took over the throne and she re-joined her mother with the elders
and so ends this little tale.
© Copyright 2009 Feyette (mergirl16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510868-magical-soul