*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511282-Long-lost-Friend
by Brandi
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1511282
About losing a close friend over time.
When we first met, our connection was magical. Both of us young, just starting high school, eager to make new friends. Our friendship grew quickly and I soon realized that you were the greatest person I had ever met. We spent most of our time in and after school together, either messing around at the playground or reading at the library.

Things changed after a few weeks when I realized that my feelings for you went beyond friendship; I actually loved you. I felt foolish, but you gave me some signs that said you felt the same way. Eventually you told me you struggled with your sexuality and though our friendship didn't change, my feelings only became stronger. You knew everything about me, I loved spending time with you, we were best friends.

I dated other guys to get you off my mind but it never worked. In the back of my mind I knew I loved you and only you. We had so much fun together and I saw you almost every weekend; you told me you loved me moe than any other person in the world. I only wish you had meant it.

When I started dating Tom everything changed. I saw you less and less until you finally found new friends and left me. I was crushed. I still loved you as my best friend. When we finally made up, things never were the same. You were distant with me and I still barely ever saw you. But you didn't know that I still thought about you, still missed you. When you found Dan, that's when things really ended.

I guess it's my fault this happened. When you became friends with Dan and those other guys, we were no longer best friends. I never see you anymore, we don't talk. But I still love you, and I miss you horribly. It hurts me so bad that we've become this way...I miss the old times.

I can only hope that some day you'll come back to me and we can be friends again. I'll always love you. Please don't forget me.
© Copyright 2009 Brandi (brandilovestom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511282-Long-lost-Friend