*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511648-Create-A-New-Year
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #1511648
Don't like your Life? Redo it!
One of the things that are terrific about the New Year is it can bring about changes and dreams unrealized. It gives us a starting place, a chance to do and live the life we want.

I love cartoons. They make me laugh. When I laugh I feel good. When I feel good I’m at my best.
There’s a cartoon about a small child who has fairy god parents who grant him his every wish. In one episode, something happened that he wanted to change. He wished for a way to change things that he didn’t like and they gave him a redo watch. Anytime something happened he didn’t like he would hit a button on the watch, time would go backwards and he could change the situation. He could keep redoing a situation until he created one he liked. Now, we don’t have a watch whereby we can push a button and situations or circumstances change, but we can redo our life by creating and living intentionally. This year, I challenge you instead of making resolutions, try redoing your life by creating it.

What does your ideal life look like? Write it down! Experience it! Create scenarios of what your ideal life is. If you want a better job, where would you work, what type of job would it be, how much money will you make, are you the boss, do people respect and like you? If you want a new house what color would it be, what does the yard look like, is it 1 or 2 floors, how many bathrooms, how is the interior laid out? If self improvement is your intention, how do you look, what are you wearing, what qualities do you have, how do you feel about yourself? As you start creating your ideal life, you will start “seeing” these pictures in your mind. Now, as this happens, pay particular attention the feelings that are associated with these pictures. Are you happy, peaceful, content, elated, glad, and excited?

These are the feelings you want to carry with you throughout the year. These feelings will help you manifest the life you want. These feelings will cause you to take action towards your ideal life. .

Easier said than done? I’m not so sure. We have all from time to time dreamt about a better life for ourselves and our families. I’m only asking you to fill in the blanks and experience the feelings associated with it

George Bernard Shaw said “Life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself.”

As Human Beings have one thing that no other creature of the face of this earth has and that’s the freedom to choose.

Life is created from the inside out. We create our life and circumstances and only WE have the power to redo our life.

If you don’t like where you are, redo it!!
© Copyright 2009 Determined (vanmax10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511648-Create-A-New-Year