*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513082-carruther-the-cunning-cat
Rated: E · Poetry · Comedy · #1513082
poem about a little mouse i created and the cat that causes him problems
Caruthers the cunning cat,Im the one he is trying to catch,and for me that is no fun running to my hole with a trap hanging from my bum.He hides behind the sofa he hides upon the chair I quietley emerge and suddenly hes there!!He chases me through the kitchen and up and down the stairs we run in front of the telly at which the children stare,we run in to the garden I hit him with the spade,he spins around all dazed thats slowed him down but not stopped him right quick what way?

He chases me to the shed I grab the wooden hammer and BANG him on the head,Caruthers yells in pain and stumbles out in pain he treads on the discarded rake and get one in the face again!!! In the distance the doorbell rings and suddenly everything stops and Caruthers is on his feet,a smile from ear to ear he turns around and says to me"Mouse wait right here".What can he be up to?I swear have no clue I better go and investigate,yes that what ill do.

I run back in to the house search from room to room where is that pesky cat and whats he going to do?I spot him by my hole,damn so close but still so far to go,then I see it in his paws, the thing that made him grin, its a sub machine gun and grenade without a pin. Caruthers the cunning cat has a had a ace up his furrry sleeve and now im standing here with a gun pointing at me you could say im pretty peeved!!

He quickly pulls the trigger and the bullets start to fly!!!He takes out the telly and the antique china plates,he even hits the gargoyle bust that everybody hates,"stop,stop,stop"I shout "you dont seem to be well trained, but what really concerns me is where's that pinless grenade?".A look of fear appears on his whiskery face the grenade is on the floor Caruthers goes to pick it up but im heading for the door.suddenly KABOOM!!! and im thrown across the floor being closley followed by the living room  door, I go to check the living room is Caruthers no more? That i cannot answer there is just a hole in the floor but i guarantee if that cat is ok he will be back for more!!!
© Copyright 2009 Kris smith (kris5000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513082-carruther-the-cunning-cat