*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513338-Promised-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1513338
Tsukino has been promised to marry Sesshomaru.
Tsukino is a princess of the Northern Lands. Unfortunately for her, she was promised to marry a very powerful demon lord at birth. She was supposed to marry him at the age of 14 but she convinced her parents that she was not ready and honestly, she wasn’t. It was only a couple days until her 18th birthday and she had to marry the lord of the Western Lands on her birthday or a war was going to break out. She tried to make the best of her last couple of days but she was sad everything she had come to know and love would all be left behind. She was going to miss her younger sister, the creek, where she did her thinking, and all the animals. She was happy that her best friend, Taka, was going to be coming with her. Taka was Tsukino’s chamber maid and over the years they had become best of friends. Taka was the same age as Tsukino, younger by just a month. Although, she was human, she was very pretty and had wavy blond hair and brown eyes.



The day of Tsukino’s wedding she woke up at the crack of dawn to get ready. Her mother, sister, Taka, and about 10 other servants were pulling Tsukino this way and that, trying to get her ready.

“How can I marry a man I’ve never met?” she asked sadly.

“Oh hush up, my dear, I’m sure you two will get along fine,” Tsukino’s mother, Kazumi said trying to hide the doubt in her voice. She knew this lord was harsh and unforgiving.

“There, all done!” Kazumi said.

Tsukino walked to the full length mirror and observed herself. She looked amazing! The dress complemented her figure perfectly and her make-up made her look like an angel. As Tsukino was admiring herself, there was a knock on the door.

“It’s time!” Kazumi said. Tsukino gave her final hugs to her sister, Shizu, as a tear rolled down her face.

“Aw, Tsukino, don’t cry. You’ll ruin your make-up,” Shizu said. Tsukino sucked it up and opened the door to be escorted to what she thought to be her doom.



Wedding bells chimed, the doors flew open. Tsukino slowly walked down the aisle alone with a bundle of flowers in her hands. People turned in their seats to see Tsukino and gasp at her beauty. Her raven hair was flowing in curls around her angelic face. Her blue eyes shone like diamonds. Tsukino continued to walk as she choked back tears. Tsukino would miss this place so much. She reached the end of her walk and the priest started to talk.

Tsukino didn’t even look at her soon to be husband but she could feel his eyes on her. She finally turned her head and almost gasped at his attractiveness. He was very tall, about 6’3”, and extremely muscular. He had a blue crescent moon on his forehead and two magenta stripes on each cheek. He had flowing silver hair and elegantly pointed ears. The priest paused and the handsome creature lips moved…

“I do,” he said. His voice was hard and cold. And so was the stare from his stunning golden eyes. Yet, Tsukino couldn’t look away. His eyes seem to rip apart her very soul.

The priest went on then paused again.

“I do,” Tsukino automatically said.

“YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE!!!”

This was the moment Tsukino dreaded. He lifted his hand and placed on the back of her head. He took a step closer and lowered his head. His lips lightly touched hers. He gently pressed his lips on hers and gave them a light lick, his way of asking for entrance. Tsukino opened her mouth slightly. His tongue entered her mouth and their tongues shared a delicate dance. He pulled back and removed his hand from the back of her head. Tsukino almost whimpered from the loss. She had never before been kissed and the sensation she felt left her shaking.

Cheering broke out but she knew it wasn’t over.

The rest of the day was a blur. Tsukino was rushed around and forced to sit next to her new husband. She didn’t know anything about him except for his name, Sesshomaru. However, Tsukino did remember the first dance.

Sesshomaru reached for Tsukino hand. His other hand glided around Tsukino’s waist. Sesshomaru pulled her to him and their bodies seemed to fit perfectly. He led her around the floor in a graceful dance. They’re eyes locked. Tsukino breath was stolen from her. The small orchestra finished the song all too soon. They parted and quickly returned to their seats.

Finally, the day ended and Tsukino was pushed into her bedroom with her new husband. Awkward much?

Tsukino turned and quickly shucked the gown. She quickly threw on her nightgown and tried to avoid being seen naked by Sesshomaru. However, Tsukino could feel his eyes watching her every move. When Tsukino turned her husband was already in sleeping bottoms. She tried not to stare at his muscular body but it was hard to resist. She climbed into bed and faced the opposite direction of him. Tsukino felt him weigh down the mattress next to her.

“Good night,” Tsukino said softly. Those were the first words she uttered to him.

Sesshomaru didn’t say anything in return as they both laid there. She soon fell asleep but not before she shed a single tear of sorrow.
© Copyright 2009 Autumn Bindi (secretsinplace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513338-Promised-Chapter-1