*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514431-To-See
by G.H.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1514431
There is a moral to this one!
To See...


The sight of the sea is just a memory. How I wish to see that sunset on the horizon. The reds, oranges, pinks and blues, all blending together to make a perfect moment, to treasure forever. Till you see the sunset for the last time.

The sun rises on a new day when sight doesn’t exist and all you can do is feel and remember and wish and wonder. I can feel the wind in my face but cannot see the leaves of the trees swaying in the breeze. I remember every moment I saw the waves crashing on the shore but cannot see the fish surrounded by the blue-green water. I wish time had stopped on that last moment I saw, my eyes rested on a simple book but I cannot read it anymore.

I wonder if I will ever see again, if I do it will never be in the same way again. Noticing every detail, taking in the colours that brighten each day. So many things are taken for granted, why does someone have to go blind to see? Why do people only see the magic when they lose part of it. Whether it's the use of their legs or hearing, or eyes...

I guess we have to see or have sight taken from us. Or is it the other way around...


By G.H.
© Copyright 2009 G.H. (elflord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514431-To-See