*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514741-Preparing-for-the-Holidays
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1514741
A Gathering of family and friends during the Holidays
On the weekend before Christmas I attended two holiday parties that was hosted by the Salisbury Elks Lodge #699. The adults Christmas party and the children's Christmas party. The adults Christmas party was on December 19, 2008 and the children's Christmas party was on December 21, 2008. I wanted to lbe different so on Thursday I went and had my hair curled and put up.  I decided to just throw something together so I wore a pair of black slacks with a pink sweater that tied aroud the waist it had a white collar with black and pink stripes going through it and my black dress shoes that had bows on the ends of the shoes. In got some many complaments that night it really made me feel good. I was really careful not to drink to much or get to crazy dancing because I didn't want my hair to fall or my glasses to fall off my face. The band was "Hip Pocket" and they played until twevle thirty am. As the party ended I met up with some friends and we went to another bar accross the street called "Atterntives." I didn't particular like this bar. I tried to get into the mood to party some more since I was with my best friend but my feet were hurting.I ended up staying for an hour or two and then I got a ride home. I had finished drinking before I had left the Elks Lodge so I just drank a coke. I got home about two thirty Saturday morning. I just came in and took my shoes off, changed clothes, and went to bed. I didn't even bother with taking my hair down until the next morning. when I took out the bobbie pins and picked out the hairspray it stay had volume to it.
On  Saturday after bowling I volunteered to ring the bell for the Salivation Army in front of K-mart for one hour and them I done a little shopping in between. After the bell ringing I went up to the Elks lodge to help put together goody bags for the Children's Christmas party. The children's Christmas party was on Sunday December 21, 2008. There were kids there from the homeless shelter plus a few of the members kids. .                   
© Copyright 2009 Lillymay (alliekat1977 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514741-Preparing-for-the-Holidays