*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514895-My-Ancestry
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Spiritual · #1514895
A poem that remembers our ancestors and how they paved the way to freedom through faith.
My ancestry not just by blood but by deed that freed me and a whole lota others who were and are my fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers.

They set themselves free while still in bondage they be but they were free.

Freedom started from within for them  and spread outward blessing those who sought to break the bondage of self before all else.

You may be asking yourself who are these people;  my ancestry, your ancestry are the Sojournor Truths who showed us the route to Harriet Tubman's underground railroad. They are the Malchom Xs who promoted by "any means necessary" to achieve the dreams that Martin Luther King  had and more.

They are Mandelas who was imprisoned because he believed that the freedom of unity was worth the  more than 21 years of his personal injustice and One who was in the beginning Christ Jesus who knew persecution would happen for all those who believe as He knew even more so that the Father would be the Refuge , a High Tower , a Strength and a Greater Love that was the balm to mend the broken hearted.

They are the me and you who live in poverty, work everyday , live paycheck to paycheck,  taken care of children, living 6 to a 2 bedroom, hiv positive, gay, straight, transgendered and yes even the wealthy and more of us; all colors of the rainbow they all glow with the possibility of truth winning out and justice prevailing.

That is who they are and always were and will be; us welcoming in a New Jerusalem,  an Eden of Peace, unity being blessed to be a  blessing a righteous type of  living committed to freedom not enslaved in the mind but shackle free to achieve their destiny.

Raise your heads and continue to clap your hands harmoniously in the presence of the Father giving Him praise as you wade in the water of Truth  living free as it was always meant to be.

Courageously intentionally we conquer fears being more than  conquerors in Him who strengthens us to break the shackles of bondage everyday forever.
© Copyright 2009 revbarbara (revbarbara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514895-My-Ancestry