*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534411-GOD-Moments
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Experience · #1534411
Some thoughts about my spiritual journey and how this journey has shaped my life.
It is not easy to trust in something one can not touch or see. It is not easy doing the right thing and being present in the place where you find yourself given how life wants to interfere with your process and how we want to be distracted from bad things and even good things sometimes.

I have learned over many seasons, years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds that I am better at being my true self and the world has no control over me when I CHOOSE GOD FIRST.

When I have chosen God first, the distractions of the world hold no significance and my life is filled with what is important and true such as love and loving others, freedom from addictions, being a bridge for others to find their way and making better decisions based on my values and moral characteristics that authentically convey the truth that is my faith.

It was not easy getting to the place where I am today. A place where life can be lonely but full at the same time. A place where I settle for what I need and not give into all the fleshly cravings that I have. A place where I want and crave to hear from God and care about what God thinks of me more than what the world thinks or even if they know me.

My promotion comes from the Father not anyone else. I am distinctly created in His image to do His will. I am who I am because God is who He is to me. Without God I would not exist to care about truth and loving as I do or to make it manifest as He would have it be. It is in my moments of imperfection that God is here. I have many such moments. It is in knowing Jesus that I have a personal relationship with Him. It is in the guidance of the Holy Spirit that I continue to be perfected.

I have met the demands of the day by receiving God's grace and mercy as He so generously gives to everyone. I have been able to be at peace in times of chaotic upheaval and I have sat down with would be lions and bears all the while understanding the power in being a sheep. I have understood the importance of the Word deep within me and have shared that Good News that frees and heals the broken hearted and watch the dead come back to life as they begin to know the Truth. I have experienced many things in such a brief time.

In these last days, as we wait for Jesus to return, I hope to experience many more GOD MOMENTS when He talks to me and shows me through the Holy Ghost what is right and what is good for me.

I have been taught much and thus continue to stay committed and rooted in faith and believing in what I can not see or touch giving God all the praise and glory forever and ever, Amen.
© Copyright 2009 revbarbara (revbarbara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534411-GOD-Moments