*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515181-On-the-Roof-Top
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1515181
A tale of the rogue Whit, I'm attempting to put her story together, here is a short bit
I did something I haven’t done in ages, I climbed up on the highest rooftop I could find. I sat up there for hours and watched the happenings below, then I turned my eyes to the heavens as the sun began to set. It was a breathtaking sight, one I wished I could have shared… The setting of the sun brought the cool air, I wrapped my cloak around my shoulders and laid back on the roof to watch the sky.

Ah, the stars… so many there are. The stars tell their own stories, each one the soul of a fallen hero, the brave people who have given their life… I watch as lights streak through the night sky, wondering who has lost the battle and who is returning to the land. One day, will I gain a place among the stars? I doubt it, I am not brave or self sacrificing…

I fell asleep up there over Old Town waking as the sun rose and the birds began to sing…

© Copyright 2009 drmlzard (drmlzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515181-On-the-Roof-Top