*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515185-Dream-by-the-Pond
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1515185
Whit has another dream, leaving her unsettled..
It’s evident in every conversation I had today. I feel awkward, unsure... like I’m just learning to walk again. Everything seems to have shifted. I don’t like this feeling…

I dreamt again the other night, of the old lady I sat with by the pond. Once again I felt safe with her, she held my hand was we talked and laughed when I told her of my fears. Her laughter touched a cord in my heart, it seemed so familiar, reminding me of another place and time… one of my youth. She chided me for fearing to open my heart, for fearing to choose another guild, for fearing to move forward. I shook my head, tears filling my eyes, unable to explain to her… I turned away… turning back when I felt her hand on my shoulder. Sitting in her place was Lydia…old and bent, but with the same youthful eyes I remembered… “You’ve forgotten“, she said. It was not a question…

I woke, like I never slept, staring at the ceiling and unsettled feeling in my stomach. What had I forgotten?
© Copyright 2009 drmlzard (drmlzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515185-Dream-by-the-Pond