*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515214-What-Burns-MoreThe-Memories-or-Scars
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1515214
Winter Nightly is Very diffrent from you're average teen.....
Chapter One-The Question and the People Involved





No one really truly knows who they are, until its to late. Some are lucky to figure everything out before that horrible moment when you discover you're out of time. Its truly tragic really. It seems that I find my self always out of time. No matter how hard I try or how hard I look for the answers, I'm always out of time. And the worst part of this whole ordeal, its that I'm always alone in anything and everything. Sure, I have friends to help but, there not exactly there for me.



"Winter? Are you listening to me?"



"Huh? I'm sorry Beth, I guess I started to zone out." I said trying to put on one of those genuine smiles but it felt so wrong for me to smile.



"Are you okay? You've been acting strange all week." Beth said seemingly concerned. Though Beth was great to talk to, she was the first not to help me.



"Well, its just that lately I have been thinking and I realized something." I sighed. "And It seems that-"



"Seems like what? No ones there for you? What are you, anyways?" She snapped so suddenly. I was confused by her sudden out burst of anger towards me. Its not like I did anything, I just said I was thinking about stuff and that I realized something.



"Okay, whats that supposed to mean?" I retorted, trying to imagine her response.



"I'm sorry Winter, Its just, I heard almost the same thing from my other friend." She said. I looked at her.



"Who's you're other friend?" I asked. She flashed me a smile as if she was thrilled to explain him or her.



"Well, I met this guy named David. He's a lot like you, thinks a lot and very quite when he wants to be." She said with a dreamy look. I sighed, she was always obsessing about some kind of boy. But I'm surprised to hear he's like me. But still, I shouldn't get my hopes up on someone else's opinion.



"Hey Winter, you should meet him, like now!" Beth said getting up and grabbing my arm.



"Um are you sure about this?" I mumbled. I was a shy person and it wasn't exactly easy to make new friends on my own.



"Don't worry Winter, the one thing he's not is shy so he'll do most of the talking." Beth continued on and dragged me towards the front door.



"Alright, I guess it won't hurt to meet him." I said. Hopefully, he's all that Beth made him out to be.



***************

"Alright! We're here!"Beth announced.



"Hey, won't he mind if we just barge in his house like this?" I suggested. "I think we should have called first."



"Don't be silly! He doesn't mind!" She continued to drag me towards this David's house. She knocked on the door. Some seconds passed by and the door opened.



"Ahh Beth, welcome back!" The most beautiful voice I ever heard exclaimed.



"I'm not alone David, I want you to meet my good friend Winter." Beth said, stepping aside for him to see me and me to see him. Our eyes met and I was slightly breathless at the sight of him. Like his voice, he was beautiful. He had the most stunning blue eyes, the ones that almost seemed like they saw straight into you're soul. He wasnt skinny but wasn't fat. He had black hair with a side bang that he kept brushing out of his eyes to see.



"Hi Winter, its a pleasure to meet you." He said calmly with an gorgeous smile. I gave a smile in return.



" Its an pleasure for me to meet you as well." I said, wondering if I chose the right words. He stepped aside for me and Beth to come in. The house looked shabby and abandoned from the outside but it was very well kept on the inside.



"So David, how have you been?" Beth said. She was obviously flirting with him and thankfully for me, he wasn't buying it.



"I'm fine, and you two?" He asked.



"Oh, where fine." Beth grumbled, not liking the fact that he redirected the question towards both of us instead of just her. After a few moments of an awkward silence, Beth's cell phone went off. She looked at it and sighed.



"Well, I'm afraid I have to go. You guys get to know each other, alright." She said with a some what motherly tone. She ran out the door after that and I sighed. I was becoming nervous.



"Well, honestly, I'm kinda of glad she's gone. Don't you?" David suddenly said out of the blue. I was surprised that he would say that but it was true, with Beth around, I didn't get a word in.



"Yeah, she can hog cant she?" I said shyly. He laughed at my small joke.



"I didn't want to say anything in front of her but Winter, you have the most beautiful name. It suits you well." Once more, I was left breathless.



"Thank you."



"So, do you want to go up to my room?" He suggested, heading towards the stairs. I nodded and followed. His room was at the far end of the long hall way. When he opened the door, I was shocked to find it a lot like mine. A bit messy, some poster's of bands and pictures of his friends here and there.



"Wow, you're room is a lot like mine." I exclaimed. He gave chuckle.



"Really?"



"Yeah" I went over and sat on his bed. One thing that's diffrent is that his bed is much more comfortable. Why do I feel so comfortable here? With a guy no less! I turned to face him and hadn't realize that he was sitting next to me.



"David, can I ask you something?" I said.



"Sure."



"What do you think of the world and its state?" I thought the question sounded stupid but if he was similar to me like Beth said, than he would say that he hates and he feels alone.



"Well, honestly I hate it. And you want to know something else? I feel completely alone." He stated. Wow, Beth was right. He is like me. For once, I didn't feel so alone.



"Now its my turn. Do you feel alone? Do you agree with me?" He asked. I sighed as I gazed at those stunning eye's of his.



"Yes, I agree with you completely." I answered finally. "Main reason I asked was to see if you where similar to me."



"Really." He said.



"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."



"No, I'm glad you asked it. Beth said to me that you where similar to me." He said and I laughed. Why was I so happy?



"Winter, can I ask you something else?" He said suddenly.



"Sure, anything" I said. His face no longer seemed happy, but seemed extremely depressed, as if something reminded him of an past event.



"What hurts more? The past or the present day?" He said. His question took me by surprised and I looked down at the floor. It took my awhile to come up with an answer.



"I would say the past, for it is the cause the pain that I'm facing." I replied and I looked up to see what he thought of my answer. I couldn't tell the emotion that was painted on his face. It looked like it was sadness or anger.



"Now, for another question, What burns the most? The memories, or the scars they've left behind." The question hurt me in some way and I felt tears begin to form in my eyes. He seemed to know a lot about me. Did those eyes really see into me?
© Copyright 2009 Allison (moralxdilema at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515214-What-Burns-MoreThe-Memories-or-Scars