*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515523-WhatBurns-MoreThe-Memories-or-Scars
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1515523
Winter Nightly is very diffrent from you're average teen.....
Chapter 2: The Past



"It seems you know a lot about me." I murmured through my sobs. Though he was trying to comfort me by rubbing my back, he still kept his face the way it had been when he asked the question in the first place. He was still expecting an answer from me. He wasn't going to get. At least, not today.



" Because, I'm like you. Not similar, not different. Exactly like you." He stated firmly. At this point, I was done crying and my sobs quickly ran dry. I took a deep breath and pondered on the question he asked. Why did his question make me cry in the first place. Then, I remembered everything.



~Two Years Ago~



"I hate you! I never want to see you again!"



"Fine, you wont have to!" I watched the people that I called my parents fight. I knew this day would come, but I denied it with all my heart that it was actually happening right here, right now. My mother was leaving us-me and my father. As my mother ran out the front door, I followed her, trying to make her stay.



"Mom! Please don't leave me!" I screamed after her, while hot tears streamed down my face. I got to her car just when she closed the trunk. I stood in front of the driver's door.



"Move!" She demanded. There was no love nor any sympathy on her face towards me.



"No!" I yelled stubbornly. She grabbed my shoulder's and threw me to the side. I fell on to cold, hard ground. Before I could get up, she was already in the car and about to drive away. No, I wouldn't let it happen. I got up and ran after her. She was out of sight soon enough and I was forced to go back. To live with a father who did not love me. Who, not only abused me, but committed crimes against me. A little thing that has a big affect-Rape. When I got in, I knew what was coming.



"Well, its about time you got here." He said with a dirty smile. I glared at him. Not this time.



"Come here!" He snapped as he lunged froward, trying to pin me down against a wall. I dove out of the way just in the nick of time. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I suddenly felt his arms come crashing down around me and not caring what I was about to do, I drove the knife into him-causing blood to go everywhere, mostly on me. I turned around to see what damage I had inflicted, and apparently, I stabbed his neck. I had killed my very own father. I dropped the knife and fell to the floor. I was now, truly alone.



***************



It has been one full year since the supposed accident. Instead of telling the cops the truth, I simply lied saying that someone broke into our house and while my dad was trying to protect me, got stabbed. I now reside in an orphanage. Its name keeps escaping my memories, but I really care less about that.



"Hey look! Its the emo girl!" One of the other kids taunted. I simply ignored it. Its nothing new that I'm made fun of and teased about my choice of clothing. Even though all that's happened, I wasn't truly emo. Emo. What did this word mean to me? Well, simply, to me, it meant a music genre, not just for people who are over emotional or cut them selves. Its just a music genre. And sure, people do cut them selves, but only to numb the pain. Those who are "poser's" as me and some of the other orphans call them, those who act over emotional and cut themselves, write suicide letters and so on, are just using the term emo to gain attention and simply making fun of us. They didn't know how it was truly like.



Though all that I had been through, I never ever desired to numb my pain through cutting my self. Though, sometimes I do have urges, and drown it all out through my music.



"Hey, get up!" Who was that? I looked up to see a boy I never saw before.



"Excuse me? But who are you?" I demanded. Thinking he was one of the other orphan's.



"I'm going to be you're brother." He spat back at me. My new brother? Was I being adopted? Of all the children here in this orphanage, I was being adopted. I looked at him, dumbfounded. I began examining his feature and allowed them to sink in.

He had messed up blonde hair, perfect teeth, and from what he was wearing, he was a jock. He had brown eyes that sent daggers flying at me.



"John! Hurry up!" I heard some women far off in another room yell.



"Coming mom!" He yelled back and turned back towards me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up forcefully.



"Pack you re things, you emo bitch!" I sighed, ignoring Johns commenting. I walked slowly towards where all my stuff was and began packing. I didn't have much so it didn't take as long as I wanted it. I walked into the main hall, where John and his mother stood.



"Hi! Welcome to the family!" His mother exclaimed and rushing over to me to give me a warm hug. Its been so long since I had a hug. To long. I welcomed it.



"I'm Linda and this is my son John." She said. Something about her smile made my insides squirm. What is with this lady and why does she want to adopt me instead of any other kid. I sighed as I followed them in the car. The drive back towards their house-my new home- was a long one. When we finally got there, I felt my mouth run slack at the sight of the place. They where rich and lived in a mansion.



"Well, welcome to you're new home!" Linda said contently. It looked funny, how she was standing there, giving me a friendly smile while her son, John, gave me a nasty glare.



~End of Flashback~



"Winter, Winter!" David said, shaking me. I was awakened from my memories and I gasped once the present day came rushing back to me.



"Are you okay?" He asked. If he was concerned, he was hiding it very well. I nodded.



"Yes, I'm fine. I just had a moment down memory lane. I joked, even though my memories where no laughing matter. He smiled and stared at me.



"I'm sorry, but I'm sort of a nag." He said. "Can you please give me an answer to my question."



"Well, honestly, I think the memories are what burn the most for me." I said slowly. I wanted to make sure that I every word that I chose made sense. He nodded and sighed.



"Its the same for me. These memories of mine they-" He stopped suddenly, pulled his knees up to his chest and began rocking back and forth. What is wrong with him?



"Are you okay?"



"No!" He shouted.



"Its okay, you don't have to remember anything. I don't need to know what hurts you." I said. Tears where starting to well up in my eyes again. After a few minutes, he calmed down and regained his composure.



"I'm sorry, but, I don't like to remember." David said and got up. I never imagined someone to be so beautiful. He cant be human!



To be Continued.....
© Copyright 2009 Allison (moralxdilema at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515523-WhatBurns-MoreThe-Memories-or-Scars