*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515429-Seraphim--Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1515429
Fantasy's always easier then reality, but in this case, fantasy is reality.
Trinity Artemis Costello. That's my name and it's not my only one. I was, emphasis on the was, at one point a normal kid, I went to school, I came home, did normal kid stuff. But highschool is when everything changes, there are things unseen, things that everyday I wish I didn't know, but I do, and so will you, but all in time. Let's start from the beginning, when I was a normal girl on the verge of change.

"Trinity," My mother called from downstairs, as I drifted into consciousness the smell of freshly cooked mushrooms filled my nose and my mouth started to water,
"Coming," I shouted downstairs, moving over to the mirror I sized myself up my dark brown hair was most unruly all over the place, not a pretty site. Grabbing a brush I attempted to smooth it down I succeeded, just, it looked almost acceptable for strategically placed morning hair now, I threw on a faded gray t-shirt with a tiger on the front and black jeans, I also chose to wear my favorite ankle length gray boots.Walking downstairs I spotted my mother, her perfect frame and silky black hair, you'd think she was a model, however she was not. As soon as my mother saw me she kissed my forehead.
"Food's in the kitchen darling," She said then she grabbed my chin and studied me, "Are you wearing contacts? Your eyes look gray,"
"No, just woke up," I was telling the uppermost truth, upstairs my eyes had looked the perfectly normal blue color they were,
"Well eat a lot you could do with some color," I rolled my eyes everyone always thought I was of a sickly pallor but as it turns out I was not, I had perfectly normal color everyone else was just abnormally tan. As i grabbed a roll, cut it in half and threw, figuratively of course, some mushrooms on it, and walked out the door. I was in a rush you see because it was my first day of highschool and I honestly knew no-one, so early start perhaps some friends before the end of the semester.
Arriving in front of the towering iron gates, I gasped the school was much larger then I had anticipated. But surely that wasn't a problem, not for me, Trinity Artemis Costello, ah who am I kidding, there's no way in hell that I'd be able to get everywhere on time.
Luckily I got to school early, the reception was easy to find, and the receptionist a pretty blonde thing was very nice and helpful. She provided me with a map and my time table my first lesson was English in room 204.
As I walked amongst the halls it became clear that people knew almost everyone which would be the reason why I was receiving weird looks, I began to wonder why everyone was so hostile when I came across room 204 just by pure luck. Perhaps my day was about to brighten up.

Entering the classroom my teacher was Mr. Fond, oddly enough everyone called him Mr. Fondue, which honestly is a stupid thing because nicknames are supposed to shorten the name not lengthen them.
"Hello, who may you be?" He asked his voice was harsh and raspy,
"Trinity Costello, sir," I said, I hated introducing myself formally usually my friends called me 'Tri,' or "Arti' and the occasional 'Missy',
"Hello, Trinity, my name is Mr. Fond," I'd never remember anything, it's too bothersome to do so. He pointed to a chair in the back next to a boy who looked as bored as hell "You can sit there,"
I smiled politely and walked toward the seat allocated to me, but unfortunately I stumbled over my foot, I heard some giggles, I didn't care they'd have to get used to it I trip a hell of a lot.
As I sat down in my chair I caught the guy sitting next to me looking in my peripheral vision, and it was at that point that I realized that I hadn't noticed him before. He had a soft golden complexion and even as he sat in the chair I knew that he was rather tall but he was also lacking in the weight department, much like David Tennant, his eyes where a shocking blue that seemed so eccentric yet natural his hair was a dark brown on the verge of black and came down in a fringe that again reminded me of David Tennant. Was he a David Tennant wannabe? No. He pulled it off to well to be called a wannabe, more like a look alike. It took me a while to realize that he was looking at me right eyebrow higher then the left in an accusing stare, it was also at that point that I realized I was staring. Damn.

The English lesson went on about clauses, which was rather easy, but it appeared I had a few slow people in my class whom just didn't get it, they still lived by the rule 'when you need a breath put a comma in'. Interesting isn't it? When the lesson finished I was packing away my bags when a shadow was suddenly cast over me. Looking up I saw it was the boy from beside me, which was strange I could have sworn he left, and as it turns out I was right he was tall.
"Hello?" I said, figuring that's what most people use these days,
"Hey," He said with a twang of an English accent, I swear I almost melted there and then his voice was like music to my ears and the words hung in the air, "My name's Blaire,"
"Trinity, Tri, if you don't mind," I said,
"Ok then, Tri," as he said my name my heart skipped a beat it seemed everything he said had me in a trance. And as much as I'd like to be in a trance I'd rather not, so as it seems the first person to introduce themselves I would never talk to again.
© Copyright 2009 Nea Lumina (nealumina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515429-Seraphim--Chapter-1