*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515658-Falling-Stars-Section-2
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #1515658
After the break-up, Xander faces a new start. But does he really had enough?
It was still raining when I got up the next morning. I slowly sat up on my bed, my eyes searching for my alarm clock, wondering what time it was. Then, I spotted it beside my computer, which was still on. I got up and went to take a better look at the time.

"WHAT?!" I suddenly cried out. "8:30?! Great! I'm late!"

I hurried to my closet, the clock still in my hand. I quickly changed my clothes while my eyes were still stuck on the clock, counting how many seconds it took me just to change.

After changing, I hurriedly gathered all my papers on my desk and stuffed them inside my bag. I then ran downstairs.

I ran to my car, which was on the garage, got in and quickly drove out.

"Great. I just hope Ms. Wright is late." I muttered to myself as I carefully turned a corner.

Parkstone High came into view as I turned the corner. Its high clock tower chimed, a signal for the start of the first-period classes. I parked my car on my favorite spot: across the entrance door. I quickly got out of my car, set the alarm, and ran full-speed to my English class.

Everyone was already seated when I approached the back door. I peeked in the small window on the door and saw Ms. Wright writing something on the board. I slowly opened the door, making no noise as possible.

I successfully got inside the room without Ms. Wright noticing me. Suddenly I stiffened. Ms. Wright's voice boomed inside the classroom.

"Okay, let me introduce you to your new classmate," she said in her loud voice. "This is Erin Brown. She's from America."

"Good morning everyone. I'm Erin. Nice meeting you all," said a soft, female voice.

Curiosity washed all over me as all my classmates, mainly boys, started murmuring excitedly. I slowly stood up slightly, trying to take a look at the newcomer.

"So, Mr. Lewis," Ms. Wright suddenly said, " I see your late. AGAIN."

I looked at Ms. Wright, surprised. "Oh. Well, yeah. I guess so."

"So, you still remember what I told you about if you're late again in my class?"

"Hmmm...." I said, trying to recall. Everyone was staring at me.

"Detention room, Mr. Lewis."

* * * * * * * *

Spending my first hour in the detention room was pretty bad for me. It was a bad first impression to the new girl.

"Erin Brown."

"The new girl?" A voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw Sean, my BESTEST friend, approaching me as I got out of the detention room.

"Yeah, why? You've seen her?" I asked.

"Hmmm." He thought for a moment. "Just a while ago. She passed by our room."

"Is she any good?" I asked. Sean's bright green eyes suddenly lit up.

"Well, she's beautiful. Nice," Sean answered as a wide grin crossed his face.

I sighed. "Don't misunderstand, Sean. I've had enough already."

"What do you mean?"

I looked at him. "I've had enough. No more."

Without looking at him, I walked away. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already time for my next class: Gym. I hurried to the gym and found all of my classmates already on their uniforms.

"Hurry now!" Coach Young called to me.

I quickly changed to my gym uniform and hurried back to the class. We were already divided into two groups: boys and girls. We were having a tennis tournament so I thought it would just be a piece of cake to me.

As everyone got their tennis rackets and started to practice with partners, Laleiyn, my cousin, came to me.

"Late again?" She asked as she tied her brown hair to a ponytail.

I looked at her. "It's none of your business, you know."

"Of course, it's my business! Aunt Julia told me to monitor you."

I tried to turn away from her but she wheeled me around.

"What?!" I demanded. "I was late because of the rain, okay?!"

"Fine!" Laleiyn retorted. "But don't forget: I only do this because I was ordered to."

With that, she left me and went to her partner. A sudden wave of unexplainable feeling swept over me as I realized who Laleiyn's partner was. She was standing with an unfamiliar girl with long black hair, with blue eyes which were clear even at a distance.

It was the new girl: Erin.

I was too preoccupied looking at her that I didn' notice a tennis ball coming towards me.

"OW!" I cried aloud as it hit me in the head. Everyone turned to look at me and started laughing as they realized the reason I cried out. I turned a bit red as Erin looked at my direction, laughing slightly.

My worst day, I thought.

* * * * * * * *

It was lunch time, and I turned down every girl that invited me to eat with them. I guessed they already heard my unannounced break-up with Sophia.

I was trying to find Erin and introduce myself, and maybe ask her to have lunch with me. However, as I was walking backwards, checking whether I missed her or not, someone bumped me and spilled all of my tray's content to my shirt.

"What the---?" I shouted. "Don't you pay attention to where you're---"

My heart stopped. It was her.

"------going?" I finished silently.

"I'm sorry," Erin said nervously as she picked up some of the mess on the floor.

I was rooted on the spot. I was afraid to move. I was just standing there, staring at her wide-eyed.

"Are.... are you okay?" I managed to ask.

She looked up at me, smiling. "Yeah, I'm alright."

I breathed deeply. "Here," I said, "let me help you with that."

"Thanks."

After getting some of the mess and throwing it at the trash, I accompanied her to the counter to get lunch.

"I'm Xander, by the way," I said casually, holding out my hand.

"Erin," she replied, taking my hand for a brief handshake.

"Oh, let me pay," I quickly said as I saw her getting her wallet out.

"Oh, no. It's not really necessary for you to pay for my food." She answered back. "To tell the truth, I should be the one treating you because I spilled all your food. I'm sorry again."

"No, it's fine," I said. "I still got loads of T-shirts on my locker."

"Okay," Erin said, smiling slightly. "I totally forgot that you're a tennis player. No wonder you have back-up shirts in school."

I just smiled back. I could not find any more words to say to her. We sat down together on an empty table at the far end of the cafeteria. Everyone was staring at us, maybe thinking what's going on between the two of us.

"You're very popular here," Erin suddenly said to me.

"What?"

"Youre very popular," she repeated. "I noticed every girl is staring at you."

"And I noticed every boy is looking at you," I said. "Including me."

I smiled at her when she turned red.

"Uhm....." I said a few minutes later.

"Hmm?"

I hesitated. I didn't know how to make a good approach to her.

"You want to say something?" asked Erin. I looked at her and saw that she was staring at me curiously.

"Well," I started. I took a very deep breath and continued, "I was just wondering what are your plans after school."

"Oh," she said, a bit surprised. "Well, I guess I'm going straight home. I don't have any clubs to join at the meantime. Why?"

"Uhhh... I was thinking.... Maybe.... You want to...."

I took a deep breath again. I was really nervous.

"I was wondering if I could show you the entire Parkstone."

Erin stared at me. I could tell that she was really surprised.

"If it's okay with you," I added hastily.

I waited for her decision as she considered it.

"I'm sorry Xander," she said slowly, "but I already promised my mother that I'll be home early and help her out."

"Fine," I replied slowly, disappointment evident in my voice. "Maybe some other time?"

"I don't know. I can't be sure. I'll try."

The bell chimed and Erin stood up, preparing to leave.

"I'll just try. But, I can't promise." Erin said to me as she started to walk away.

I followed her out the cafeteria. However, before we part, I could have sworn I heard her say, "I would also like to."
And a smile slowly lit up my face.

* * * * * * * *

I was on my way to my Biology class when the headmaster's voice echoed in the hallways.

"Attention to all faculty members and staff. We will be having a meeting now. Please proceed immediately to the conference room. Thank you."

The announcement was repeated twice and at the end of the second message, cheers and screams of delight filled the halls of the entire school.

"Nice!" I shouted. I ran to find Sean and Reynier and ask them if they wanted to go Sunnyville Beach.

I found them at the school parking lot, waiting for me.

"Hey, guys." I called to them.

However, before any one of them could respond, I saw Erin walking alone, clearly going straight home. I ran to her but before I can say something, she said, "Please, Xander. I don't want to be rude to you. But please, leave me alone. I am not interested."

"Tut, tut, tut," I said, smiling a bit impishly. "Wrong move."

Shock fell across Erin's face and, without saying another word, she left.

"Congratulations!" I called after her. "You made it in top one!"

Smiling to myself, I returned to my friends. They both noticed my cheerfulness.

"What happened? Why did you shout 'you made it in top one'?" Sean asked.

I just shrugged and said, "Maybe I certainly have another game to play."

Leaving the two of them, I put my things on my car and sprinted to the conference room.

".......and the nominees for the Winter King and Queen are already out," I heard one of the teachers said as I sneaked into the room.

"In that case," the headmaster said to the staff, "we'll start the voting tomorrow after they are announced. Well, that's all we have to discuss. Meeting adjourned."

Shuffling steps and sounds of dragged chairs echoed in the room.

Ms. Wright," the headmaster said, "don't forget to put the nominee list on my desk."

Ms. Wright nodded and left the room with the other teachers.

Perfect!, I thought. A perfect opportunity presented itself and a plan began to formulate in my mind.

An interesting week awaits and I am sure everyone would never forget about it.
© Copyright 2009 VampireJace (vampirejason19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515658-Falling-Stars-Section-2