*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516193-Slayers-New-age-parts-34-and-5
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1516193
The next three parts of the New age story in the Slayers series. next parts coming soon
Part 3
“Are you Jason Taylor?”
“No I’m……Who are you!?”
“I’m the girl he’s been looking for”
“Jennifer Evans?”
“Yeah. Is he here?”
“No but he’ll be back any minute. Come in”

Jason was driving through Central Park after a disappointing apartment search when his phone rang. He answered. “Hello”
“Jason it’s me. She’s here”.
“Who? The girl?”
“Yeah. I’m looking at her right now. She says she’ll explain everything but not before she sees you”
“I’m nearly there. Tell her I’ll be five minutes”

After he arrived at his place, Jason made Jennifer a sandwich and sat down with her because he was itching to hear her story.

“Ok start from the beginning”. He told her as she took a bite. She swallowed and started to talk. “Last week I was walking back from work when I got mugged by some guy. He was really ferocious and stuff but I’m a tough girl and besides he didn’t even steal any of my belongings. So I’ve had cops over at my place for a week now because this guy has killed two people so far. He was pretty savage too. I’m the one who escaped so I ended up being bombarded with questions when all I have…well... had was some cut to show for it.”
“What happened to the cut?”
“I’ll get to that. Anyway, I was fine till last night when it was closing in on midnight. I started to get these stomach pains which kept going for an hour or so. That was when the cut started stinging like somebody was punching me there. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again everything was red. That’s when I blacked out”
“Then what happened?”
“I woke up this morning in an alleyway not far from here and I was completely naked and the cut on my arm was gone. I managed to steal some clothes and the first place I thought to go was here.”
“Why here?”
“My dad knew your dad and he told me to come here if anything weird happened. I figured this classed as weird so here I am”.

Jason thought about everything he’d just heard and he knew what the answer was. The girl was a werewolf and she had no idea. He had to tell her.
“Jen have you ever thought about the supernatural or paranormal stuff that you hear about on TV?”



Part 4
Jen was having trouble contemplating what she’d just heard. She was actually quite easy to convince about her situation and she wasn’t too badly freaked out when she found out what had really happened.

“So….When do……What…..How does it happen?”
“Now that you know, you’ll feel it when it happens. It might hurt. I don’t know but I can tell you that it will happen tonight and tomorrow night”
“Is there any way to help me?”
“Yeah there is. If we can find the guy that converted you and kill him, then you’ll be free of the curse but if we don’t do it by the end of tomorrow night then you can’t be cured.”
“We can get him now”
“No. it has to be while he’s in werewolf form meaning that you will be too. We’ll have to lock you up during the night”
“Ok fair enough”
“Tonight I’ll go to central park and I’ll look for him. We’re gonna lock you in a cage down in the basement till morning. I’m sorry but we have no other choice so don’t argue against it”
“I won’t”


Part 5
It was 10pm and Jason was walking down Central Park. A handgun loaded with his last three silver bullets was tucked down in his jacket. After a long two hours of walking, Jason decided that it wasn’t here. The moon had been out for nearly an hour and a half and he’d heard nothing at all.

That was when he heard it. A small rustle above him. Jason looked up and saw a large black figure which jumped down and looked him straight in the eye. The werewolf was curious at seeing Jason who was slowly reaching for the gun.

The wolf lunged at him but Jason managed to dodge him. If the wolf got him too, that would only make Jen’s predicament worse and he didn’t want that to happen. Jason ran down the road without even bothering to look over his shoulder. He needed to get far enough away to shoot the thing.

He turned quickly and pulled out his gun at the same time. He fired. The werewolf was fine but a tree managed to catch the bullet. “Dammit” he thought. Jason fired again. Another miss. He only had one bullet left. He aimed, took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. The wolf stopped. However, it was just staring at him. That’s when Jason saw the bullet on the floor. He was pinned. The wolf slowly walked towards him ready to swipe. Jason had no escape.




© Copyright 2009 Dantheman (dantheman644 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516193-Slayers-New-age-parts-34-and-5