*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517038-Overnight---Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #1517038
An anti-social girl is confused when an older boy falls for her...
My eyes flickered to the girl in front of me, and back down to the floor. I didn’t know or care about who she was. Just another girl that went to my friendless high school. I blinked and looked back up, faces blurring past me. Having come last year from halfway across the country, I hadn’t made any friends. I had two and a half years left of school, and I was totally focused on them.

So here I was, at the beginning of second term, going to my first class. My mind was elsewhere… in an imaginary conversation with a fantasy boy. Only the warning bell could bring me back to reality, and it did.

My class, Geography, was long and boring, and I took notes so I wouldn’t fall asleep. Smart choice, because I would never remember anything otherwise.

The short break between Geo and Drama was taken up mostly by the bathroom. But the rest of it was taken by a particularly noticeable boy. He was annoying, staring at me like I was fascinating. I blushed, thinking I had something in my hair, or on my face.

‘What?’ I thought, wishing he would answer. I looked away, then looked back. He was still staring. How frustrating. I glared at him.

All day, his confusing stare was glued to the back of my eyelids. His name was a question I asked myself all day. Not knowing anyone was angering me for the first time. Someone must of known who he was.

When school ended, I waited at the door, waited for him. He did come out, and he looked at me in the same confusing and annoying way. I looked at him, lost at what he was so fascinated by. I looked at my shirt, but I knew his eyes were stuck on my face. In my eyes.

A plan popped up in my head. It was a brilliant idea, if it would work. I smiled, and realized I was still looking at him. He looked away, and I walked past him, grinning foolishly.
© Copyright 2009 Reb. Willo. (twilightluvr56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517038-Overnight---Beginning