*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517412-Wrong-Love---First-Five-Chapters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1517412
Nicole falls in love with her cousin, but it's all wrong...
I heard the door handle turning and flounced into the entrance hall before the door opened. Was I that desperate? I mean, it had only been twelve hours.

“Hey!” I said enthusiastically, holding myself back as Thomas walked through the door. Too many parents.
“Hey,” he replied. He looked at me, and my heart skipped a beat. I focused as his parents walked in and waved to me. I smiled. My aunt looked so much like her sister.
We all went into the kitchen to eat lunch. The whole time, I sat across from him, staring. He didn’t seem to notice.

Afterward, Thomas and I both went outside, Thomas to shoot hoops, me to read and watch him. It was very hot, even for July, so I was lying in the cool grass in shorts and a t-shirt, hair up and out of my eyes. Thomas took off his shirt to reveal a thin, tanned body and six pack.

I was alot smaller than him. I only weighed ninety-five pounds, and I was 5’3”. Thomas was one hundred eighteen pounds, and 5’7”.

“You’re pretty good,” I commented, as he scored for the fourth time in a row. He grinned at me, laughing. I heard a door close.

“Nicole, Tom, we’re going out, we’ll be back soon!” Lia said, and I noticed everyone standing around our car.
I nodded, waving, to show I’d heard. Shortly after, the car pulled away, and it was just me and Thomas. My stomach filled with butterflies.

“It’s really hot outside, wanna go in?” he asked me.
“Sure,” I gasped, trying to catch my breathe. I closed my book and we both went inside. He placed his hand on my lower back and led me through the door.
“I’m gonna go chill in my room,” I told him, still breathless.
“‘Kay,” he uttered. He moved his hand slowly away from my back, sliding it towards him, then dropping it. He disappeared down the hall.

It was quiet in my room, except for the air conditioner whirring softly. At least it wasn’t hot. I lay down on my bed. My heart was thumping. I had just found my page when there was a knock on my door.
“Where’s the bathroom?” Thomas asked, peeking his head in the door.

“Down the hall on the left,” I said, disappointed. I’d been expecting something else, a dream come true. Of course, he wouldn’t want to… I was just getting caught up in my imagination and desires. I felt tears well up in my eyes, and I let them fall, as I realized the one I wanted didn’t want me…

“Nicole, is something wrong, you haven’t been acting like yourself lately?”
My mom burst into my thought bubble like a pin. Everything running through my head was shattered.

“No… I’m fine,” I lied.
“I’m not falling for that. ‘I’m fine’ means something’s wrong,” she said.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” I snapped. She nodded. The door closed with a soft snap and I rolled over on my bed.

I hadn’t come downstairs much the past three days, because I was so upset. Some people would say that this was foolish, but I didn’t care. Every day, I still saw him skateboarding, or shooting hoops, always shirtless.

I had started eating once a day, and going to the bathroom at morning and night, otherwise sitting and doing absolutely nothing all day. I didn’t even think, or sleep, or read. I just stared at the little designs on the ceiling, occasionally looking out the window.

This wasn’t how love was supposed to work. But this was a one-way love. Thomas had no love to return for me. His heart was probably owned by a girl back out west, where he came from.

A single tear formed in my eye, and I pushed it away with my lashes. It slid slowly down my cheek, falling gracefully to the pillow, and landing with a silent splash. The light green pillow case was spotted with a dark greenish brown. I tried to sigh, but a scratchy rasping noise was all that came out.

I heard another knock on the door. Why was everyone bugging me today?

I destroyed the evidence of my tear, then said, “What?”

Then my angel walked in my room, and pointed to the end of the bed. “Can I sit down?”
I nodded. I temporarily forget what I was so depressed about. Then I remembered.

“So, what is it that is so interesting about this room that you’ve been in here three days?” he asked curiously.

“I’m having… personal issues. Nothing you should care about,” I muttered. Even though it was because of him that I was up here. He looked at me, carefully studying my face.

“You look sad,” he claimed.

“Boy troubles,” I explained truthfully. I was going to tell him that he was the boy I was troubled by.

“Oh,” he said. “I didn’t know that could happen over the summer.”

I laughed. ‘Only since you came,’ I thought. My eyes widened as I realized that I’d said it, too. I could tell by the face he made: confused, and shocked.

“What?” he whispered. I was so glad that he had closed the door. For the first time, I noticed that he’d moved about halfway up my bed. I could have touched him if I wanted.

“I… I didn’t say anything,” I lied. I composed my face to make it look confused.

“Oh. I thought you said...” he trailed off. “Never mind.”

“You’re the weirdest cousin I know,” I joked. He grinned. Then he looked serious.

“And you know what type of cousin you are?” he asked, leaning a bit closer.

My heart stopped.

“N-n-no… what?” I stuttered.

“I think you are crazy to be sitting up here all day, and that you should come down,” he said. Totally not what I’d expected. Of course.

My heart nearly broke, anyways. I’d jumped to the wrong conclusion. He didn’t like me, and that proved it.

I swallowed hard.

“Well, I think you need to leave me alone,” I said angrily, holding my tears back. He took a deep breath and nodded.

“Okay, later,” he sighed, standing up and gliding to the door. He was gone by the time I blinked. I sobbed silently, inwardly. I knew I had to get away from him, because he was leading me on, but I just couldn’t. I liked him too much.

I lay there crying until the walls turned orange from the sun, then everything got darker, and soon after my eyes adjusted, the reflection of my room disappeared behind my wall-like eyelids.

“Wake up, baby girl.” I wished it was him. But that voice was too high, too kind, too gentle. I peered through my eyelashes to see my mom sitting on my bed, looking at me.

“Are you up?” she asked.

“Sadly,” I mumbled, my eyes fluttering open. My stomach groaned.

“Hungry?” she questioned. I shook my head.

“My stomach is, I’m not,” I whispered. I noticed a bowl of cereal on my bedside table.

“If you get hungry,” she mumbled, kissing my hair and leaving the room. I decided to eat, it was something to do.

When I sat up, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair was a bit ruffled, but otherwise, I didn’t look so bad. There was a hairbrush beside the cereal bowl, and I used it briefly. Then I gulped down the rather large breakfast, and went back to watching the changing light on the walls and ceiling.

Thomas didn’t come to see me again. Instead, he left me a note.

“Dear Nicole, please come outside. You need the fresh air.”

I knew I had to obey, to make him happy. So the day after I received the note, I went and sat outside in the grass, reading my book.

“Good to see you again!” Aunt Lia called. “I’d forgotten what you’d looked like.”

I laughed. Thomas ran over to me and sat down. His hand fell onto my lower back, which was bare, because I was wearing a belly-top.

“Over your boy issue?” he asked.

“Not really,” I replied. He stood up and started shooting hoops, just like always. I sighed, and watched him… just like always.

For the next three days, the adults would go out at around ten, and come back around three. I had no clue where they would go, but it gave me five hours with Thomas.

What’s that you’re reading?” he asked me as I flipped the page in my book. I answered without looking up.

“Treasure Island.”

“Weren’t you reading a different book last week?” he asked.

“Yes, I was reading Heidi,” I explained.

“How many libraries do you go through at school?” he teased.

“A couple,” I joked. “I read good books.”

“Any about basketball?” I laughed.

“Two,” I admitted. He gasped jokingly. Then he leaned down and whispered in my hair, “Book worm.”

I smacked his arm, and he grinned. I rolled my eyes. He was so gorgeous.

“You know, it’s pretty hot out...” he muttered, his hand moving to the bottom of my shirt. He pushed it up an inch.

I froze.

He was already shirtless. But I wouldn’t go that far… not in public, anyways.

His hand moved up to my shoulder. I stared at my book, horrified, shocked, and so happy.

His other hand slid under my stomach, and attached to my side. Then he whirled me around to face him. His hand at my shoulder pulled me up, and he touched my lips gently with his. He was careful, and our lips barely brushed each other.

Gradually, the kiss got more intense. It was slow, like climbing a thousand stairs. His lips pushed against mine, then I opened my mouth a very small bit. Shortly after, he copied. His breathe was sucked into my mouth, and I savored it.

Even more slowly, I stuck the tip of my tongue out to touch his lips. Minutely around the edges, and then he did the same. Our tongues touching, rough the whole time. Then they jumped into the opposite mouth, and moved around wholeheartedly.

Then he stopped.

My arms, now wrapped around his neck, pulled my face to his again, but he shook his head.

“This is wrong,” he muttered.

“This is right!” I said angrily.

“We’re cousins.”

“Not by blood!” I stared at him, then, suddenly, kissed him. It caught him off guard. He pulled away, though.

“Stop, Nicole,” he demanded gently.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. I let my arms down, and he lowered me to the ground, his arms both behind my upper back. He stood up slowly, and walked over to the basketball, picking it up and shooting it at the net. Of course he scored.

I stood up and ran into the house, screaming “Hallelujah!” in my head.

“Hey,” I heard, followed by a knock on my door, and a creak as it opened. It was quickly snapped shut. The person who had entered crossed my room to my bed.

“Hey,” I replied. Thomas kissed me swiftly.

“How are you?” he asked.

“Not so good,” I teased.

“And why is that?”

“You stopped kissing me.” He laughed, and pressed his lips forcefully back to mine, pushing me down on my pillow. He placed his hands on either side of me, and kissed my desperately. I returned the kiss more than passionately.

We stopped when we heard footsteps just outside the door. He was at my closet door in seconds, and closed it after himself just as my door opened.

“Hey, Nicole.” It was my mom. “Can I talk to you?”

My heart jumped in my chest. Did she know? I nodded weakly.

“I’ve got some important news,” she explained. “Your aunt and uncle told me that you and Thomas seem to be getting along well and...”

I waited for the puncturing news, thinking up a story.

“They’ve decided to stay until the end of summer.” I opened my eyes and stared. What? Another four weeks on top of the week I still had with him? No way!

“Really? Great!” I cried. Calm down, I thought. My mom hugged me, then left. The door closed.

A few seconds later, Thomas was at my side. He kissed my so enthusiastically, I thought he’d heard wrong.

“We have - another - five weeks!” he exclaimed between kissing. My mouth was soon gone of it’s own spit. He seemed to be drinking it. He lay on me, pinning me to the bed. He ripped off his shirt, and kept kissing me. He was so much more enthusiastic than I could have imagined. But it was good. I undid the button on my pants, which managed to find a way off me. I was, fortunately, wearing shorts underneath. Skin tight, black shorts. I didn’t want s.ex, not at fifteen. But I did want him.

Soon his mouth was clamped over mine, and I couldn’t breathe. He wasn’t stopping, though. He sucked air through his nose and kept frenching me hard. It was an amazing experience, almost as amazing as s.ex, but not quite.

Finally, he stopped. I gasped, loving the fresh air in my lungs.

“I love you,” he panted. His breathing was low, fast, and hard, as if he’d been running.

I kissed him, and the frenzy started again.
© Copyright 2009 Reb. Willo. (twilightluvr56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517412-Wrong-Love---First-Five-Chapters